For the women

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

joasia

For the women

Post by joasia » Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:31 am

I am not a Hollywood watcher. Don't care what actors are doing, other than the mild entertainment they provide. But, I must say I have always liked Kate Winslet. She is curvy and beautiful and gives the rest of us "never going to be a size 2" people hope. I read an article in which she said. And this is not a direct quote: I don't diet. I will eat a cookie, maybe four. But not the whole box. I will not spend my life trying to be on a diet, trying to be a size 2. That is a miserable and horrible way to spend a life.

I really love that.
The destiny of nations depends on the manner in which they feed themselves. Jean-Anthelme Brillat-Savarin

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:49 pm

What a great thing for her to say! I have always liked actresses who are more real, too- and she's right-what a miserable way to live.

Thank God for No-S :D

Hilary

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:31 pm

Somewhere on the internet this week I read that America Ferrera from Ugly Betty had been described as "full-figured" and "plus-sized." She wears a size 6!!!! That's incredible. It's not that her size is problematic; it's the descriptive terms!
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."