** Inspiration Note **

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

ozarka

** Inspiration Note **

Post by ozarka » Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:10 pm

Thought I might pass this along to you all if you find yourself struggling for snacks :D

"No food, snack or dessert can make me feel as good as it will to lose weight"

Have a great day!!
If you guys have any more.... keep them going, sometimes this really helps :D

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:17 am

It's really true.

I remember when I was in high school, a mere 150lbs (thought I was a cow back then at that weight :roll: ). I wish I could remember how it felt to be at a healthy weight like that. Right now I'm 234.5lbs and I feel like a blob.

Now here I am noSing since Dec. Things have really changed for me, I feel freed from food. My body is so much happier digesting 3 meals a day and my insulin resistance has improved. I betcha my pancreas is a whole lot happier not having to spill out insulin all day long, eh?

I don't feel bloated and nasty, I am much less fatigued throughout the day.

But now, with this awakening, I have these blobs of fat, belly rolls, chunky thighs, very large rear, and they feel foreign to me and I want them GONE and that has been a large motivation. I've also stopped weighing myself so much, typically on Friday's or Saturday morning if I remember. I do the mirror check every day and I don't beat myself up about it. ("Still chunky? Yep. Better keep on NoSing!!")

That was a great quote. :)
{FarmerHal} ...previously Shamrockmommy...
Vanilla NoS... Making good habits.
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

mimi

Post by mimi » Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:06 pm

ozarka wrote: "No food, snack or dessert can make me feel as good as it will to lose weight"

Amen Ozarka! But the great part about this program is that sweets aren't ever totally off limits - only for a few days! I really enjoyed my first two S days since beginning this program. And what I love about No S is the guilt is gone! Yay! I was so tired of beating myself up!
Discovered NoS: April 16, 2007
Restarted once again: July 14, 2011
Quitting is not an option...
If you start to slip, tie a knot and hang on!
Remember that good enough is... good enough.
Strive for progress, not perfection!

mimi

Post by mimi » Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:07 pm

ozarka wrote: "No food, snack or dessert can make me feel as good as it will to lose weight"

Amen Ozarka! But the great part about this program is that sweets aren't ever totally off limits - only for a few days! I really enjoyed my first two S days since beginning this program. And what I love about No S is the guilt is gone! Yay! I was so tired of beating myself up!
Discovered NoS: April 16, 2007
Restarted once again: July 14, 2011
Quitting is not an option...
If you start to slip, tie a knot and hang on!
Remember that good enough is... good enough.
Strive for progress, not perfection!

The Preacher

Post by The Preacher » Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:09 pm

That's a good quote. Here is a similar one I read on someone's fridge. Nothing tastes as good as thin feels.
I hereby command you: Be strong and couragous; do not be frightened or dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go. -- Joshua 1:9

want2bhealthy

Post by want2bhealthy » Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:40 pm

hey shamrock i cant wait till this happens to me. and i love your "well still chubby? gotta keep no sing. i love this one too, " I don't feel bloated and nasty, I am much less fatigued throughout the day." thanks for the inspiration. i really need it.
man, i have tried EVERYTHING else, this has to be my last stop.
starting fresh july 1-09
wt 207