Eat petite

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

wosnes

Eat petite

Post by wosnes » Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:15 pm

I found this on msnbc.com today:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19055377/from/RS.3/
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

joasia

Post by joasia » Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:46 am

Dr. Rozin (I think that is the name) did a study and tested portions of food across Paris establishments including pizza parlors, chinese restaurants, fast food places, etc. He found that the mean portion size was 277 grams or 9.8 ounces. That was about 25% less food than food establishments in Philadelphia. I put 277 grams of food on my plate, it is a small portion.
The destiny of nations depends on the manner in which they feed themselves. Jean-Anthelme Brillat-Savarin

joasia

Post by joasia » Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:47 am

P.S. and 277 grams is a lot less than places around here. I weighed my burrito the other day and it weighed a pound and a half!
The destiny of nations depends on the manner in which they feed themselves. Jean-Anthelme Brillat-Savarin