Not sure if yesterday was a success or not

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

apple

Not sure if yesterday was a success or not

Post by apple » Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:16 pm

So yesterday, there was a dinner party. We made tapas with a group of friends. Fun! :D

I did well in this respect:
- no chocolate during the day
- no alcohol or high-calorie soda drinks
- no dessert, just tea

And not so well regarding:
- I ate 1.5 plate of yummy foods (there were tapas)
- quite a lot of food sampling during cooking, because I was already very hungry

So there was a lot of food, but I did much better than I normally would, so it feels like a success. But according to the rules, I might have failed.

What do you think?

kccc

Post by kccc » Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:01 pm

At this stage, focus MOST on your successes. Habit-change is hard, so cheer for yourself.

:)

But... still plan to work on gray areas. Because it gets easier over time if you build the habit, and it's easier to build when enthusiasm is high.

You can have a success that still has room for improvement.

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:15 pm

You can have a success that still has room for improvement
What a terrific thing to say!

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:21 pm

Here's what I'd do:

If your slip up was primarily honest confusion, give yourself the success for yesterday. Get clear in your head about what the rules are that you want to adhere to are, and be stricter next time.

It's kind of like catching someone doing something bad but not illegal. You can't really legitimately throw him in jail, but you can change the law going forward.

Reinhard

apple

Post by apple » Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:22 pm

Thanks for the good advice!

I'll take my learnings from this event, and make a plan of how to cope in the future to be even better.

Hadn't realised that a plan so aimple could even have grey areas, so it's good te be aware of that early on, and get my mind set on the right path.