? regarding the 21 day ?

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

OrganicGal

? regarding the 21 day ?

Post by OrganicGal » Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:14 pm

If I have a red day, does that mean I start my 21 day count over again? Or is it a judgement call?

Also, if I have a milk shake with my meal, does that count as a sweet or dessert? And therefore another red day if it wasn't on the weekend?
Creating and sustaining the No S habits are the only thing that will take me in the direction I want to go!

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:54 pm

The 21 days isn't 21 perfect days, it's 21 calendar days.

Technically, I suppose a milk shake would be off-limits on an N day, but what is it Reinhard says? If you aren't sure, it's probably okay.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

OrganicGal

Post by OrganicGal » Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:15 pm

thanks wosnes.....I might have found myself falling into the perfection black hole :)
Creating and sustaining the No S habits are the only thing that will take me in the direction I want to go!

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Sat Apr 26, 2008 3:05 pm

Personally, I think 21 days is what it takes to begin to have something become habit. I think it takes much longer for habit to become second nature.

I'm not sure what it is about us, but we tend to be such perfectionists. It's something that absolutely drives me nuts! Not trying to be one, but that we do try to be perfect.

One of my favorite sayings: Perfectionists waste too much time trying to be perfect. Good enough is good enough.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

mjn

Post by mjn » Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:00 pm

A milkshake for me is a sweet, most definitely, no doubt about that one!

BrightAngel

Post by BrightAngel » Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:34 pm

mjn wrote:A milkshake for me is a sweet, most definitely, no doubt about that one!
Well.....Yes !!!
It is ice-cream...for goodness sake.
BrightAngel - (Dr. Collins)
See: DietHobby. com