Great first week!!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Sharky

Great first week!!

Post by Sharky » Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:09 pm

Hi All - Aloha from the Islands!!

Week one was good - i havent weighed myself but i feel really good!! Saturday i went to a baby shower and it felt so good to just eat normally and actually have a little bit of dessert - i was good though - only one trip through the buffet!! Food is a HUGE part of the culture over here - its rude not to eat and its rude to not go back twice but i got around it by mingling and keeping my plate in my hand with a few bites on it as to look as if i was still working on it - then i went out dancing with a few friends - had two margaritas though but dancing literally from 11pm till 2pm - was a good workout.

Yesterday was the beginning of my second week - i have learned to eat my breakfast at least around 8am - i used to eat at about 630 or 700 but then lunch was way too far away - i drink way more water eating this way which has been GREAT for me - i drink it when i am hungry - sometimes warm - its more satisfying for some reason warm

anyway just wanted to check in - have a great week all!!! julie

fkwan

Re: Great first week!!

Post by fkwan » Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:24 pm

Sharky wrote: i drink way more water eating this way which has been GREAT for me - i drink it when i am hungry - sometimes warm - its more satisfying for some reason warm
Me too. Do you have the same problem with air conditioning that we have in Texas, i.e., it's 100 degrees outside (in HI I guess that would be 80 degrees 100 % humidity), but it's freezing indoors? We're talking a fuzzy winter hoodie. Ridiculous.

Warm water makes you feel warmer, and better for you than caffeine. :)

f

Sharky

Post by Sharky » Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:08 pm

YES!!!! my office is freezing!! its stupid - its warm outside and we freeze indoors so the warm water helps keep me warm too!!
I used to live in Texas too so i know what you mean - julie

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:32 pm

Congratulations!

I've actually been amazed at how effective simply drinking water is at making me forget about "hunger" between meals. I usually stick with cold water (and hot black coffee) but I suspect one reason it might help even more is that it forces you to slow down. The "full" signal has time to hit and you're less likely to rush to the conclusion that "it didn't work!" and reach for a snack.

Reinhard

Sharky

Post by Sharky » Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:42 pm

thanks Reinhard - got your book yesterday - LOVE it so far - thanks so much!!
julie