Funny

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

NoelFigart

Funny

Post by NoelFigart » Sat May 17, 2008 8:15 pm

I did buy something I was looking forward to eating today.

Dried apricots for my oatmeal. Yes, yes, yes, that's something I can have on an N day, and will.

But, that's what I bought for today that I was really looking forward to.

Might have an appletini tonight, though. Weirdly enough, I am not in a chocolate mood or a snacking mood.

I'm internalizing that "Food is for hungry and meals" and I'm not hungry, nor is it mealtime.

Sheiler

Post by Sheiler » Sat May 17, 2008 8:25 pm

Noel, I know exactly what you mean. I could have had anything at all for breakfast today, but I had a bowl of whole wheat shredded wheat cereal :lol:

It is just becoming second nature. My husband doesn't know what to think. The ice cream just sits in the fridge all week, and I don't go diving in to it on the weekends. This is so strange for me. I'm really liking this :!:

CrazyCatLady

Post by CrazyCatLady » Sat May 17, 2008 10:01 pm

Nice, Noel! I actually had made a bowl of optimized oatmeal to take to work this week, but did not end up eating it. So I had part of it this morning. One thing that I had forgotten about oatmeal, is that when it fills you up, it FILLS YOU UP! Where I find that I can still overstuff with some foods, or want more after eating a reasonable amount, the oats really filled me up!

I did have a chocolate chip cookie mid-afternoon. (And wanted another and another, but stopped after the one!) But really, I need to start having oatmeal for brekkie!

I'm starting to internalize the rules, too, and it is usually easy to wait for mealtimes. But when my old habits rear up, it can still be a struggle! And it is usually due to a failure on my part to plan good meals!

palomayombe

Post by palomayombe » Sat May 17, 2008 11:22 pm

Last edited by palomayombe on Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mavilu

Post by Mavilu » Sun May 18, 2008 12:05 am

I went to the store looking for sorbet -there wasn't any-, eyed the ice cream... nah!, I looked for Krispy Kreme donughts, -again, none left-, eyed the Entermann's donughts... nah.
Looked at the cookies, cakes, pies, puddings... but none where what I was looking for, for first time in a long time I left the store without buying anything and choosing to do so.
How wonderful.

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Sun May 18, 2008 5:47 pm

Mavilu wrote:I went to the store looking for sorbet -there wasn't any-, eyed the ice cream... nah!, I looked for Krispy Kreme donughts, -again, none left-, eyed the Entermann's donughts... nah.
Looked at the cookies, cakes, pies, puddings... but none where what I was looking for, for first time in a long time I left the store without buying anything and choosing to do so.
How wonderful.
Isn't that such a wonderful thing?
Je'sus, j'Ai Confiance dans Vous

Sheiler

Post by Sheiler » Sun May 18, 2008 6:17 pm

Started out the day yesterday with a bowl of shredded wheat, and was glad that I did, because we wound up at an unexpected party in the afternoon. We went to our contractor's house to see the cabinets he's building for us, and his daughter and possible future son in law came over, as well as a couple of his friends. When we walked up from the shop, a variety of really nice munchies had appeared, and we were invited to stay. I hadn't eaten lunch, so a small but full plate of finger foods, plus a small plate of mixed fresh fruit became lunch. I was glad to be able to enjoy it without a second thought. In the evening, when we were home, neither of us really wanted dinner, but I wanted to keep to the three meal thing. Hopefully a slice of watermelon counts as a meal (It fills a plate :wink:), because that was dinner. What is nice is that, as long as I hadn't had lunch yet, I could have kept within the plan even if it hadn't been an S day.

CrazyCatLady

Post by CrazyCatLady » Mon May 19, 2008 1:21 am

Lovely, Sheiler! Great job of eating sensibly, and of showing us all how No S fits so well into a busy lifestyle!