Tastes changing for S day treats.....

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

OrganicGal

Tastes changing for S day treats.....

Post by OrganicGal » Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:15 pm

Today I ate something that I have quite enjoyed in the past, and had been looking forward to all week. A 2.5" x 2.5" x 1" piece of Organic homemade sponge toffee dipped in Organic dark chocolate. But when I actually ate it a little while ago. It tasted pretty good...but not as good as I remembered...and now after eating a hamburger for lunch shortly after (which I wasn't even hungry for)...I feel all bloated and full! UGH! I'm not sure if it was eating breakfast, the treat and lunch so close together...or if my tastes for sweets in honestly changing.

I do know that the one treat I still really really enjoy is Baskin Robbins Chocolate Mousse Royale ice cream. Most other things including the toffee don't seem to make me feel good after I eat them anymore. HMMMM?

Anyone else finding their tastes changing or old treats not doing it for them anymore?
Creating and sustaining the No S habits are the only thing that will take me in the direction I want to go!

BrightAngel

Post by BrightAngel » Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:08 pm

I have found that over the past 3 1/2 years of dieting and maintenance,
my tastes have changed a great deal.
This is not connected to No S, which I only discovered in April,
but is still on point.

In the years of my past, I loved Hershey bars with Almonds,
snickers, m & m's and other chocolate candies,
especially with nuts.
including Sees chocolates.
I loved those little Hostess pastries, cakes, pies, muffins etc.

However, during my past 3 1/2 years, I learned to substitute things like Splenda for sugar,
and applesauce etc for fats while baking treats,
I learned to eat really small good dark chocolate bars, and I learned to eat mixed dried fruits with nuts.
As a result, my tastes have changed.

Now, normal commercial candy bars and chocolates taste waxy and not very good to me...
Even Sees...can you believe it?
This past year, I've been forced to throw lots of that kind of leftover candy away,
because my freezer was too full for them,
and I just didn't like it anymore.

I used to almost drool every time I saw carrot cake or banana bread,
but since learning how to bake my own, the commercial stuff ..even from bakeries. . .just tastes bad.
The sugar and fat mixed with chemicals makes it taste artificial and simply not as good
as my own low-cal banana bread and carrot cake and brownies etc. made with splenda etc.

I find that things made with real sugar and preservates now have an unpleasant aftertaste,
that I don't get from my splenda sweets.
As a result, I rarely eat them. . .
Not because I can't, but because I don't really like them much.
They are still. . .okay. . . but nowhere nearly as good as my own food that I cook myself.

I still get surprised by this.
I'll buy something I used to love,
take a bite, and then just throw the rest away.
BrightAngel - (Dr. Collins)
See: DietHobby. com

resting52

Post by resting52 » Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:02 am

hey OG

I've noticed the same thing. At work we always have candy and snacks and at first I really took advantage of my S days. Now I may have a nibble but honestly could care less.

This is a big difference from other diets where I felt so deprived that I would go overboard and pig out.

NoS is so balancing!

resting....who has chocolate in her pocket

kccc

Post by kccc » Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:30 am

I bake more than I used to. I've always liked to bake, but used to "not allow" myself, b/c "I didn't need to have that stuff around." (If it's still around on Monday, it can be frozen. Or pitched.)

After home-baked cookies, bought ones just aren't very good. Same for a lot of other desserts.

I don't feel deprived. I just don't want to bother with stuff that's not worth it.

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:17 pm

Anyone else finding their tastes changing or old treats not doing it for them anymore?
OrganicGal,

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

1st it was the VON'S cake that I thought I would never be able to "live without" before No S and this weekend I am wondering about chocolate ...

I think I will ALWAYS have a thing for my chai tea lattes! :D

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

3aday

Post by 3aday » Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:40 pm

Speaking of chai tea lattes, I asked for two pumps yesterday!
Thanks Blueskighs!

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:56 am

3aday,

how did you like it?

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

resting52

Post by resting52 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:01 pm

My biggest S yesterday was a snack-a cucumber fresh out of the garden (I did kind of wash it off first)

I'm just thinking here..................how in the WORLD did a cucumber get elevated to a tasty and incredibly satisfying snack?

Must be that NoS diet mentality.

Resting :lol: