Another newbie

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

heather42

Another newbie

Post by heather42 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:00 pm

HI Folks,

Just discovered your diet site through an magazine ad and decided to drop by.
I have decided to definitely give it a try as it sounds very doable and sensible in relation to weight losses.

Just have a quick question though from browsing the posts.
What are yellow, red and green days and vanillaS day? Thanks!

I hope to succeed! Best of luck to everyone else!

Adagia

Post by Adagia » Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:28 pm

Welcome Heather!

I'll try to answer your questions.

Green day: A day you stuck with the NoS rules, no sweets, no seconds, no snacks.

Yellow day: Usually an S day where you had sweets, snacks and/or seconds, but you weren't an idiot, and it was an allowed S day (Saturday, Sunday, or other special day like a birthday)

Red day: A non S day where you had a sweet, a snack, or seconds. Mark it and move on.

Vanilla NoS: Sticking to the basic rules without any variations. Some people modify the plan a bit to make it work better for them. For example, perhaps they just can't make it work with only 3 meals, so they eat 4 smaller meals, or allow a small controlled snack, or whatever. I suppose you could say I do not practice an entirely vanilla version of the plan, as I don't worry about my food physically fitting on a single plate (but I bet it would 95% of the time). I worry more about eating reasonable meals that will leave me satisfied, but not stuffed, and that wouldn't embarass me if someone watched me eat it. My real problem with weight gain has been the sweets and snacks, so I focus much more on changing that, which has worked well for me.
Started Aug 04, 200 lbs
As of Sep 8, 195.5 lbs (5 weeks on habit)
45 years, 5' 10"

la_loser

the nitty gritty on the diet

Post by la_loser » Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:38 pm

In case you haven't had a chance to do so, check out the info on the original home page for the diet. . . it contains practically everything that is included in Reinhard's book (available from Amazon and other bookstores).

It really explains EVERYTHING! and it's FREE--and a diet which can be summed up in 14 words. How easy and simple!

By browsing the boards you can pick up huge amounts of tips/guidelines, etc. from lots of users.

http://nosdiet.com/

Good luck!
LA Loser. . . well on my way to becoming an LA Winner. :lol:

heather42

Post by heather42 » Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:30 am

Thanks so much for the answers as it clarified everything, and the website url. I will check it out! :D