NoS-Low carb (Atkins) combo anyone???????

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

SusyAllison

NoS-Low carb (Atkins) combo anyone???????

Post by SusyAllison » Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:36 pm

Has any one tried doing an Atkins type thing during the week-only eating low carb for the 3 meals per day, and then enjoying S days like normal?

I know I felt the best on low carb and lost weight quickly but couldn't (and would not want to) keep up with the food group restriction. I just wonder if applying NoS principles would make it more doable.

I also know it is impossible to improve on perfection-which NoS IS!

Anyone???

SusyAllison
I only get one day at a time.

WaferMe

Post by WaferMe » Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:54 pm

Personally, too many carbs and I gain weight. For a while, I thought NoS would prevent that but every time I try to add them back in :shock: ...the pounds come back. And not lots of carbs either. I also feel better, not so sluggish when my meals are meat, lo-carb veggies and occasional fruits, so my S days are not much different. This is "normal" for me.

Although it would be nice if the weight would fall off a little faster, at this point I'm more interested in feeling normal with food which NoS is taking care of nicely.

Good luck in finding what works for you.

Jo

amieru

Post by amieru » Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:57 pm

SusieAllison, Hi...I might be interested in doing low carb thru the 5 weekdays....I definitely drink alot of sweet tea and when that has run out I drink the kids Kool-aid. LOL I don't know how it would work out doing the S days eating whatever.....Anyway.....if you're still interested let me know. This is my 2nd day of No S ing. I too,years ago, lost wght on the Atkins Diet. I may give it a try for a week just to see. What I like about No S is the simplicity of not having to think about what to eat or not to eat.....just the habit of 3 meals a day. AMIE :)
God: He knows EVERYTHING about you, LOVES you without reservation or condition, CARES about every need you face, and will NEVER betray your trust....R. Lessin

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:05 pm

i don't necessarily low carb but i am not a big bread/pasta eater simply because wheat does not agree with me so i usually save that for weekends ...

i eat mixed grains for breakfast most every N day - for me more satisfying and cause me no problem, in fact probably couldn't live without them now that i have discovered them, but i also eat fair amounts of fruit and veggies during the week,

figure out what works for you, you may not have to do something as severe as atkins if you just kind of keep in touch with how you feel and what works for you,

Blueskgihs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

SusyAllison

Post by SusyAllison » Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:18 pm

HA! I lasted one day, count it, one day, on Atkins. What I missed was the freedom of NoS!

Sorry, Reinhard. What was I thinking?

SusyAllison
I only get one day at a time.

amieru

Post by amieru » Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:57 pm

There definitely is freedom in NO S !! :D I was thinking yesterday as I was eating supper.....If I was lo- carbing....I couldn't have this cream potaoes with gravy, my peas and fried chicken ! I don't eat fried food except 2-3 times a month...but when I want my fried oysters or fried shrimp I want the freedom to eat it. My dad was a commercial fisherman...so I love my seafood ! AMIE
God: He knows EVERYTHING about you, LOVES you without reservation or condition, CARES about every need you face, and will NEVER betray your trust....R. Lessin

oliviamanda

Post by oliviamanda » Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:39 pm

I don't believe Atkins is the way to go... but I do believe the hype about enriched and bleached flour in breads and high fructose corn syrup and sweetener substitutes to be road blocks in weight loss. If we are eating three meals a day, why load up the space on our plates with empty calories or bad carbs that combat progress. Look at the label and see that only one size of bread sometimes is a serving... I learned a lot by having gestational diabetes while I was pregnant. We consume far more carbs (mostly unhealthy ones) than we know. Up the fat, fiber, and protein!

ThomsonsPier

Post by ThomsonsPier » Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:45 pm

I cut down on carbs a lot a while ago and found that I was unable to exercise regularly as a result. The lack of energy took an immediate toll and I put them back in. I have since increased the proportion of my diet which is complex carb based and can now exercise five days a week with no problem.

If you don't need the energy, however, I don't see any harm in cutting down.
ThomsonsPier

It's a trick. Get an axe.