Now...about the size of that plate....

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

alanajuliana

Now...about the size of that plate....

Post by alanajuliana » Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:14 pm

As a No S newbie, I really let myself pile on the food on a big plate. There have been many meals when I took plenty, and stopped eating before I ate everything on my plate.

I'm trying to listen to my body and stop when it ways "full".

And I'm thinking it's time to work on moderating my portions a little bit. I still have lots of "what if I get so very very hungry between meals that I crash, but knowing I can sip some OJ or a decaf coffee or tea really helps.

Is this urge to start shrinking portions a normal "next phase" of the learning curve on this thing, or am I just being paranoid and making too many rules?

JerryLee

Post by JerryLee » Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:47 pm

The first couple of weeks i was filling my plate pretty full, but now i eat normal portions. once you learn how to deal with being hungry a couple of hours after a meal, everything is fine.

vmsurbat

Re: Now...about the size of that plate....

Post by vmsurbat » Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:06 pm

alanajuliana wrote:
Is this urge to start shrinking portions a normal "next phase" of the learning curve on this thing, or am I just being paranoid and making too many rules?
I think it's normal! I've been NoSing for 4 months now and just like you, my first plates were pretty full. And like you, I realized that I didn't need all the food on my plate and began to wonder if I could actually just put less on my plate to begin with. So, I think you are hitting a wonderful learning experience--finding out (like Goldilocks) what is going to be "just right." The good news is you will figure it out pretty quickly (you get practice 3 times a day!) and you never have to go very long before getting to actually eat again in case you goofed. You'll find, like many, that a little edge of hunger by the next meal time makes the meal THAT much more enjoyable.

I am now (after 4 months) pretty happy with the amount of food I eat on N-days--I feel Satisfied with nearly every meal--satisfied with taste, amount, nutrition, etc--and never any guilt. It is a GREAT feeling.

HTH,
Vicki in MNE
7! Yrs. with Vanilla NoS, down 55+lb, happily maintaining and still loving it!

alanajuliana

Post by alanajuliana » Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:17 am

Just a little edge of hunger?????? LOL. I am always ROARING with hunger by about 4 pm and then I just steel myself for the next two and a half hours.

Exercise helps. Sipping tea helps. a glass of OJ helps.

...but still.

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:43 am

Alanajuliana

Actually, I think the answer to your questions are yes and yes. The urge to start shrinking portions is normal and the urge to force ourselves to do that too soon can be making too many rules. Its like riding two horses ... the need to make sure you get to the next meal and the need to shrink your portions ... give it time, you will learn to ride them both!

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey