Another No S Diet Noob introduces herself! :)

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

tygereyes77

Another No S Diet Noob introduces herself! :)

Post by tygereyes77 » Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:49 pm

Hello, everyone! I just wanted to take a moment to introduce myself. I have just started the No S Diet today (yes, I'm a New Year starter!) and I have high hopes that this way of life will work for me.

I'm 31 years old, and I have suffered with weight/body issues my entire life. I'm a compulsive overeater, so even the word Diet has, in the past, sent me into a binge. (This is why I am going to be calling this the No S Habit, as I believe it is more about changing your habits than going on a "diet." Diets are temporary. Habits can be lifelong!) I have "successfully" lost weight on various diet plans before, but the weight has ALWAYS come back--usually plus some. Right now I am at or nearly at the heaviest I've ever been. I do not know my exact weight, as the scale is a binge trigger for me. I simply know that I am starting to feel uncomfortable in my own skin and my clothes are getting tighter and tighter!

The reason I think this plan is going to work is because it is simply common sense. It is not a fad diet. It does not outlaw certain foods as "bad." It is something I can do for the long term. And that is what I need. I need a way of life--not a quick fix.

I want to feel physically (and mentally) healthy. I want to lose my obsession with eating. I want to be able to walk up a single flight of stairs without becoming completely out of breath. I want to be able to walk into any department store and find clothes that fit me. I want to fit comfortably in airplane seats!

I want to feel as young as I am.

So I acknowledge my need to lose weight. My hope is that No S will help me to do it without losing my sanity! :wink:

Thanks for listening.

Angela

winnie96

Re: Another No S Diet Noob introduces herself! :)

Post by winnie96 » Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:23 pm

tygereyes77 wrote: This is why I am going to be calling this the No S Habit ...
Wow! I love that phrase "the No S Habit"! What a nice way to kick off the New Year with a name that I agree is more descriptive and less dangerous than using the "D" word.

It sounds like you have done a good job of defining your goals and understanding how No S can help you reach them. I can only tell you that even after only 4 months or so, the No-S Habit has revolutionized my relationship with food and eating, as well as my general approach to life. It's really a great way to live!

Best wishes to you!

tygereyes77

Post by tygereyes77 » Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:31 pm

I can only tell you that even after only 4 months or so, the No-S Habit has revolutionized my relationship with food and eating, as well as my general approach to life. It's really a great way to live!
Thank you for the encouragement! I'm glad to hear it's working for you!

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:39 pm

Welcome Angela!
Good luck :)
I'm not a "noob" but this year, after a few really off track years half heartedly doing half "S'sed" version of NoS and not hardly any exercise, I've gained back everything I lost in the first two years I had lost when I first joined in 2005.. I am treating this year *as if* I was a noob, but with the personal experience behind me, and peace of mind, that this does work as long as you stay committed to doing it very strictly and exercise too.

Have a great time! It's a great group here, and Reinhard is the best group leader you will *ever* find anywhere. :wink:
Peace and Love,
8) Debs
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness