Time to speak up!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

xJocelynx87

Time to speak up!

Post by xJocelynx87 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:34 pm

Hi everyone!
Alot of you probably don't remember me, as I don't post much, but I've been following the No-S Diet off and on for about a year and a half, and have great success when I actually stick to it. I'm not very overweight, only about 15lbs or so. I'm also a nutrition major at Rutgers University, so being healthy and active is very important to me, but I suffered from anorexia in highschool, so my relationship with food is a little messed up. I've started the No-S diet yet again...no tweaking! That seems to be my biggest problem...so I've decided to just follow vanilla No-S once and for all and keep exercising, and see what happens. There isn't really a point to this post, but I'm hoping that becoming more involved on the boards will help keep me motivated. Keep going everyone, it's already Tuesday!

maslowjenkins

Post by maslowjenkins » Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:44 pm

welcome back! I remember you!

I am back, no tweaking as well. I was off and on throughout December but have been back on habit since january 4.

I have been following no s since 2004 but I just read the book. it's highly inspirational and rational as well, I highly recommend it. If you have it, dust it off and read it. if not, go get it now!

again, welcome back!
Carrie

MerryKat

Post by MerryKat » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:25 am

Hey Jocelyn

Welcome back, I am also a (multiple) returner who is doing vanilla No S as the tweaking is always my downfall!

Hugs
Mo
Hugs from Sunny South Africa
Vanilla No S with no Sugar due to Health issues - 11 yrs No S - September 2016 (some good, some bad (my own doing) but always the right thing for me!)

kccc

Post by kccc » Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:19 pm

Welcome back! :)

Thalia

Post by Thalia » Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:39 pm

I'm back as well -- gave it a shot last year and it worked, but then I kind of drifted off. I think grabbing lunches out was my downfall.

I started three weeks ago, am brown-bagging lunch (I even set up a "brownbag" calendar in Habitcal) ... and I'm down five pounds.

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:19 pm

Welcome back, xJocelynx87! I remember you well.

I've found that continuing to use the habitcal even after you've established your habit is a great way to resist complacency and drift. It provides a lot of incentive for only a tiny effort. And it's an increasing incentive: the more green you have behind you, the more you want to keep it that way.

Reinahrd