I'm Back!!!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

mthoople

I'm Back!!!

Post by mthoople » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:41 am

Well back somewhere between Oct. and Dec. I fell off the program. Maybe it was the birthday or two every week in Oct....lots of cake! Or maybe it was Thanksgiving....mmmm turkey! Or could it have been Christmas....nice gifts, but the food!!!

No matter. I've turned it around after 3 weeks of false starts. One thing I was surprised about was that I hadn't shot back up to my old weight, even though I of course gained some weight back. About a week, maybe two weeks in and I've lost 4.5 pounds! I'm excited about that. I have a goal of 200lbs by June...probably unrealistic, but I like to aim high. (Oh, I mean getting to 200 lbs., not losing 200 :) )

This week I'm trying to add some exercise. That's probably harder to do than getting back on the program. But hey, I'll do it somehow. Anyhooo...glad to be back!
"...meanwhile I'm still thinking."

Too solid flesh

Post by Too solid flesh » Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:30 pm

It's good to see you back.

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:45 pm

Welcome back! :)
"Anyone can cook." ~ Chef Gusteau, Ratatouille

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:55 pm

Welcome back!

Better than a weight goal is a behavioral compliance goal.

Have you tried the habitcal? (or paper equivalent).

As for exercise, "14 minutes of ANYTHING" every N-day is a great structure (and easily habitcal-able). It gives you a structure for finding the perfect workout while you're working out (instead of putting off working out, perhaps indefinitely, until you do). Plus it's "schedualistically insignificant" and therefore "excuse proof." :-)

Reinhard

MerryKat

Post by MerryKat » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:13 am

Welcome back.

I have found that with the exercise for the first while, just plan to do something - even if it is for only 2 min, that is more than you were doing before.

Exercise is the place I battle the most and I started yesterday with 3 full Sun Salutations (group of Yoga moves which stretch whole body) and 10 Hindu Squats.

Commit to something even if it is just walking on the spot for 5 min and you can build from there.

Hugs
Mo
Hugs from Sunny South Africa
Vanilla No S with no Sugar due to Health issues - 11 yrs No S - September 2016 (some good, some bad (my own doing) but always the right thing for me!)