Question: Daily Check In

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

butterfly1000

Question: Daily Check In

Post by butterfly1000 » Tue May 05, 2009 8:59 pm

I was wondering what the difference is between posting in the "Daily Check In" versus the "May Challenge", for example. Is it usually one or the other, or do people post on both?
Thanks,
Butterfly

winnie96

Post by winnie96 » Wed May 06, 2009 11:11 am

I'm just editing my "I'm in" post in the May Challenge thread each day to say what color the day was, i.e. not adding a new post each day.

In my Daily Check-In, I'm going into more detail since I am finding it helpful to note what went on, and also so I'll have something to review at the end of the month to see what worked or not.

mimi

Post by mimi » Wed May 06, 2009 12:21 pm

Ditto for me! :wink:
Discovered NoS: April 16, 2007
Restarted once again: July 14, 2011
Quitting is not an option...
If you start to slip, tie a knot and hang on!
Remember that good enough is... good enough.
Strive for progress, not perfection!

TunaFishKid

Post by TunaFishKid » Wed May 06, 2009 12:47 pm

I post in the Daily Check In but I haven't joined the Challenge. The "Challenge" thread reminds me too much of past diets I've been on and diet forums I've been a member of. That doesn't mean there's anything inherently wrong with the thread - it's just me.

I also try to stay away from any posts containing the words "healthy" (a highly subjective term), "lowfat" or "calories", lol. No more diet talk for me!

StrawberryRoan

Post by StrawberryRoan » Wed May 06, 2009 12:55 pm

Okay, for Tuna I am going to start a thread called

I Challenge you all to talk about Healthy, Low Fat Calories.

:D

kccc

Post by kccc » Wed May 06, 2009 1:09 pm

Lol @ StrawberryRoan.

Butterfly, a lot of us keep individual daily threads - I've had one for a looong time. The Challenge is an optional community effort, which appeals to some and not others.

You can do what you want in terms of tracking your own progress.

If I were participating in the Challenge (which I'm not, btw), I would maintain my personal daily thread and post periodic updates on the Challenge. That's just because the Challenge thread will eventually drop down and be kind of lost, while the personal daily thread will stick around. However, that may not be a consideration for everyone... so, whatever you like is fine.

TunaFishKid

Post by TunaFishKid » Wed May 06, 2009 1:16 pm

StrawberryRoan wrote:Okay, for Tuna I am going to start a thread called

I Challenge you all to talk about Healthy, Low Fat Calories.

:D

ROFL :D :D :D

butterfly1000

Post by butterfly1000 » Wed May 06, 2009 1:19 pm

I think that for the time being I'll just stick to the May challenge, and we'll see later on. At least now I have a better understanding of the difference between the two.
Thanks,
Butterfly

guadopt1997

Post by guadopt1997 » Wed May 06, 2009 1:35 pm

FWIW, I think it might be better to post a new message to the challenge, whenever you feel the urge (instead of updating your original post agreeing to participate), since a new post will bump the thread back up to the top.

Liz

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Wed May 06, 2009 3:10 pm

I do a daily check in too. That to me seems more of an up-keep journal type thing, but esential to me. I started the challenge to have more acountability and to have a group of us that really keep tabs on eachother for accountability purposes. I issued my first challenge in April and had my best month BY FAR. I used to do sparkpeople (way too much counting) and they issue a ton of challenges that can really help. It's not competition, it's more like team support. It's also faster than scrolling through everyone's daily checkins. It's helped me, and I'm just trying to help others. My biggest suggestion is to get the book. It's cheap, it really goes in depth, and Reinhard deserves some income for all that he's done. :wink:
I guess this doesn't work unless you actually do it.
Please pray for me

TunaFishKid

Post by TunaFishKid » Wed May 06, 2009 3:16 pm

~reneew wrote:...My biggest suggestion is to get the book. It's cheap, it really goes in depth, and Reinhard deserves some income for all that he's done. :wink:
Big dittos!!!

I first read the book on Kindle and then picked up a hard copy at the bookstore yesterday. It's much more than a diet book. I love it.