Friendly Reminder

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

oliviamanda

Friendly Reminder

Post by oliviamanda » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:30 pm

I think there should be a No S ring to wear on your finger...just to remind you to stick to it and also, it would be so unique that people would ask you about it and then you can spread the word! It should be adjustable... so when you lose weight you know you can make it tighter and if you gain then you have to feel bad about making it bigger!

I have a jewler that would custom make a ring, but it would be too expensive at this point in my life!

la_loser

Habits reminds it too!

Post by la_loser » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:18 pm

Nice idea. . . and although I know you've been around a while on the boards, we know we can all do with a reminder.

For those who want a visual reminder, don't forget that from the main No S boards, we can order the buttons and the magnets. A magnet on the fridge at home and work is a great reminder to not only us but it tells the story to others.

To me, however, one of the strongest things about No S is that when the habits are developed and ingrained, that a visual reminder isn't even necessary any more. Sure there could be those rare times when I just grab a second helping of something or see that mini-candy bar in the "bowl" of treats in the break room at work, etc. and I stick it in my mouth and all of a sudden think , OMG what did I just do? But the majority of the time, it just feels really strange and foreign now to go back for seconds or eat the extra stuff out in the break room. It's like Reinhard says, I'm just "pre-disapproved" so no need to wonder/worry about it.

That said. . . a nice little lapel pin would be kinda cool! I'm thinking more about a charm that could be added to a bracelet or a key ring. Now THAT would spark some conversation.

Just for fun, notice anything missing from this paragraph?
To me, however, one of the tronge t thing about No i that when the habit are developed and ingrained, that a vi ual reminder i n't even nece ary any more. ure there could be tho e rare time when I ju t grab a econd helping of omething or ee that mini-candy bar in the "bowl" of treat in the break room at work, etc. and I tick it in my mouth and all of a udden think , OMG what did I ju t do? But the majority of the time, it ju t feel really trange and foreign now to go back for econd or eat the extra tuff out in the break room. It' like Reinhard ay , I'm ju t "pre-di approved" o no need to wonder/worry about it.
LA Loser. . . well on my way to becoming an LA Winner. :lol:

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:23 pm

I like the idea, but the execution might be tricky.

Anyone know of a "cafepress" for rings?

I found this, but I'm not sure anyone would want to be caught dead wearing one:

http://www.promopeddler.com/rings/

You now, it's funny, shortly before I came up with No-s or any of the everyday systems, I had this inspiration for a design for a ring/gadget... "The Magic Ring."

I'll see if I can dig up the drawings and post here.

(You'll see when I post it, why I switched from hardware to mental software design :-))

Reinhard

Thalia

Post by Thalia » Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:47 pm

Yeah, I have found that unlike Weight Watchers or, heaven forbid, the "Bloomingdale's Diet" I did in my misspent youth, there's no long list of byzantine rules to follow or Points (tm) and Exchanges (tm) to count. I don't need a constant reminder to keep from eating snacks!

A ring might be nice to have anyway, though! :wink: And I love the S-less post, hahahahaha!

mimi

Post by mimi » Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:40 pm

I found this, but I'm not sure anyone would want to be caught dead wearing one
Uh...don't mean to hurt your feelings Reinhard, but... probably not!
You now, it's funny, shortly before I came up with No-s or any of the everyday systems, I had this inspiration for a design for a ring/gadget... "The Magic Ring."

I'll see if I can dig up the drawings and post here.
Now that sounds intriguing! Would love to see it, if you can find it!
My little granddaughter would probably love one to go along with her *magic naps* That's when, she explained to me, you take a nap with your eyes open! Hmmmm!

All in good fun! You know we love you!

Mimi :D
Discovered NoS: April 16, 2007
Restarted once again: July 14, 2011
Quitting is not an option...
If you start to slip, tie a knot and hang on!
Remember that good enough is... good enough.
Strive for progress, not perfection!

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:18 pm

What about getting a No-S tattoo ? Using green
colored ink ?

Tell the tattoo artist what you want and they'll make it for you. ;-)

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

Disclaimer : I am following a more extreme version of the 'No-S' diet.
I made my own personal modifications to the original plan (Diet & Exercise)
What I am doing should not be misinterpreted as being a typical 'No-S' diet experience.
11/01/2008 : 280.0 pounds - - - 06/16/2009 : 211.6 pounds
7 months 16 days / 68.4 pounds

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:12 pm

Yep, Reinhard... we need a ring. With emeralds to reward and remind us! Maybe fake emeralds, :wink: adjustable, but not cheapy. I may be interested. Or maybe flipflops, green socks, or bike racing sports wear. I had to mention those. :wink:
I guess this doesn't work unless you actually do it.
Please pray for me

oliviamanda

Post by oliviamanda » Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:51 am

I like the LED red blinking light ring. There are some cool sites where you can get a rings made using your favorite photgraph. I'd just need to send them a photo of the No s logo, but they are not adjustable. : (
:twisted:

Thalia

Post by Thalia » Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:54 pm

It would be fun to make a necklace with those little alphabet beads and use:

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRTUVWXYZ

Too solid flesh

Post by Too solid flesh » Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:44 pm

Thalia wrote:It would be fun to make a necklace with those little alphabet beads and use:

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRTUVWXYZ
That is a nice idea!

Reminds me of a millennium commemerative alphabet plate which read:

ABCDEFGHIJKLMMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ