New to the "S" world

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Patty B.

New to the "S" world

Post by Patty B. » Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:55 pm

:D I heard about this diet through an interview that I heard on Relevant Radio a couple of weeks ago. I have lost 30 pounds in the last year and a half, mainly though making better choices of foods to eat, eating way smaller portions and limiting snacking(I was already "kind" of "no s"ing and didn't even know it). With my weight loss, I feel that my self esteem has greatly improved. I started my way of life after the Christmas holiday in early 2008 because I hated the way that I felt with the excess weight.
I do not think that I am yet at my optimal weight and would love to take off an additional 15 pounds. I have done everything that I have accomplished with really no exercise, but have since started walking.
I love the philosophy of this diet - especially the easyness of it, the taking responsibility for your choices and the structure, and the reward built in. It makes total sense to me. I am excited about being among you and will be checking in regularly.

Patty B.

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:04 pm

Fantastic Patty,

It's always good when motivated people are not afraid to express themselves here. Good inspiration for everybody !

Those last 13-15 pounds are usually the harder ones. (I'm in my last 13 pounds now, lol !) I'm sure with regular exercise and dieting you should reach your goal though. It is a lot easier to lose weight when you work out regularly, no doubt about that. 20 minutes a day, 6 days per week ... you'll be melting in no time.

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

Disclaimer : I am following a more extreme version of the 'No-S' diet.
I made my own personal modifications to the original plan (Diet & Exercise)
What I am doing should not be misinterpreted as being a typical 'No-S' diet experience.
11/01/2008 : 280.0 pounds
07/22/2009 : 202.8 pounds
( 8 months 22 days / -77.2 pounds )
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Goal : 11/01/2009 : 190.0 pounds ( 1 year / -90.0 pounds )

oliviamanda

Post by oliviamanda » Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:28 pm

Welcome, Patty! It sounds like you have a great start. Just add in some walking and keep no-s-ing and you will get where you want to be. Good luck!
Habit is habit and not to be flung out of the window by any man, but coaxed downstairs a step at a time.--- Mark Twain

maggie

Post by maggie » Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:52 pm

Welcome Patty!

I have only been on this diet for 6 days, but I can tell you it is the easiest, most common sense diet I have ever seen.

Good luck and let us know how it is going for you.

Maggie

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:43 pm

Welcome, Patty!
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:02 pm

Hi Patty...glad you're here!
"Self-denial's a great sweetener of pleasure."
(Patrick McGoohan's "The Prisoner")

StrawberryRoan

Post by StrawberryRoan » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:31 pm

Welcome aboard Patty. This is a great plan and a great bunch of posters.

:wink: Berry

mimi

Post by mimi » Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:26 am

Welcome to NoS Patty - you're going to love it. It's simple and it works. What could be any better than that? Maybe the fact that you can eat anywhere and with anyone, and no one has to know you're on a diet...no special foods for you!
Good luck on you NoS journey! Keep us posted on your success!

Mimi :D
Discovered NoS: April 16, 2007
Restarted once again: July 14, 2011
Quitting is not an option...
If you start to slip, tie a knot and hang on!
Remember that good enough is... good enough.
Strive for progress, not perfection!

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:14 pm

Welcome, Patty!

Glad you liked the relevant radio interview -- it was fun to do.

Congratulations on your pre/quasi no-s success! That's impressive.

"Ideal weight" is a tricky subject....

A lot of people (I'm not saying you!) pull their "ideal weight" out of thin air.

I like to say "Eat and move moderately, see what happens -- that's your ideal weight." It might even be less than you thought (that's what happened to me).

It is great that you've started walking -- it can make a huge difference. And exercise (or preferably, useful exertion) is important no matter what your weight.

Reinhard