New here!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Bunny88

New here!

Post by Bunny88 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:02 am

Hi everybody,

I hope you're having a great evening. I just decided to start this tonight. My weight's gone up by about 15 lbs since February, ugh, and my clothes are starting not to fit! I'm not really sure what happened, except that my workload increased a lot and I've undergone some changes in my personal life (mostly for the better, but still unsettling).

Anyway, I tried something sort of like this a few years back and it worked pretty well, so I hope it works again. I'm increasing the amount I'm exercising too, just for general health, although I'm not going to rely on exercise for weight loss--for me, probably 90% of weight loss is controlling my food intake.

Any tips for a newbie?

Best wishes,

Bunny

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:51 am

Good work, Newbie. ;-) Welcome !

I think weight loss is 70% dieting and 30% exercising ...

You'll find plenty of information around here ...

Check out my daily check in : "bluebunny27", to see alllllllll I have been doing in the past few months. I try to give tips & tricks there, all my little secrets.

http://everydaysystems.com/bb/viewtopic ... &start=300

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

Disclaimer : I am following a more extreme version of the 'No-S' diet.
I made my own personal modifications to the original plan (Diet & Exercise)
What I am doing should not be misinterpreted as being a typical 'No-S' diet experience.
11/01/2008 : 280.0 pounds
08/21/2009 : 196.4 pounds
( 9 months 21 days / -83.6 pounds )
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Goal : 11/01/2009 : 190.0 pounds ( 1 year / -90.0 pounds )

Kodama

Post by Kodama » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:18 am

Welcome Bunny! :)

My tip is to use the HabitCal: http://everydaysystems.com/habitcal/. You don't have to use it forever, but think it's another great tool that will help get the No S Diet habits ingrained. Heck I still use a couple versions of it myself (but not the online tool). I really think it's powerful.
--- Stephen ---
My No S Diet Progress
"Two hands working can do more than a thousand clasped in prayer."

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:46 pm

Welcome, Bunny!

I second using the habitcal. Keeps the focus on what's important -- your behavior, rather than obsessing over short term fluctuations on the scale.

Besides that, I'd say, be strict about the literal rules -- but don't worry if your plates are on the large side, your first few weekends are over the top, etc. Focus on building long term habits, not on micromanaging pounds. The habits will take care of the pounds. It may take a while to see results, but they'll last a while -- for the rest of your life, ideally. Moderation tends to be slow, but it's enjoyable (and therefore sustainable). It's a tradeoff, I guess, but to my mind, obviously worthwhile.

And mentally budget for some setbacks. It takes most people a few tries to get the habit to stick. Don't beat yourself up about this. Just get right back on track. The habitcal can be a big help here too, in that it gives you an immediate visual reward for getting back on track, without obscuring the fact that you had a reversal. It's honest and encouraging at the same time.

Reinhard