Someone mentioned comparing food and other cultures

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Dandelion

Someone mentioned comparing food and other cultures

Post by Dandelion » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:41 pm

Okay, more than one person. I see it comes up quite frequently. I don't know if this has been posted before, but it's interesting, notheless:

http://www.time.com/time/photogallery/0 ... 19,00.html

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:42 am

This has been linked to before, but I always find it interesting. The thing that surprises me is the amount of packaged foods most buy. There are just a few exceptions.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

NoelFigart

Post by NoelFigart » Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:13 pm

wosnes wrote:This has been linked to before, but I always find it interesting. The thing that surprises me is the amount of packaged foods most buy. There are just a few exceptions.
What also gets to me is the correlation between amount spent on food and percentage of packaged foods. That's almost across the board.
------
My blog https://noelfigart.com/wordpress/ I talk about being a freelance writer, working out and cooking mostly. The language is not always drawing room fashion. Just sayin'.

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:59 pm

NoelFigart wrote:
wosnes wrote:This has been linked to before, but I always find it interesting. The thing that surprises me is the amount of packaged foods most buy. There are just a few exceptions.
What also gets to me is the correlation between amount spent on food and percentage of packaged foods. That's almost across the board.
And then there's just the amount of food!
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."