Vanilla No S

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

carla70

Vanilla No S

Post by carla70 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:49 am

I am confused what is Vanilla No S?

NoelFigart

Post by NoelFigart » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:50 am

Vanilla No S means doing the diet strictly according to the rules -- neither creating additional exceptions or adding additional restrictions.

As long as you eat three one-plate meals a day with no snacks on weekdays and are off the hook on weekends, that's Vanilla No-S. It is my strong personal opinion, backed by experience, that when starting the the No-S Diet, that one tries it that way for at least three or four months before even considering a modification.
------
My blog https://noelfigart.com/wordpress/ I talk about being a freelance writer, working out and cooking mostly. The language is not always drawing room fashion. Just sayin'.

Anoulie

Post by Anoulie » Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:10 pm

A major use of vanilla is in flavoring ice cream. The most common flavor of ice cream is vanilla, and thus most people consider it to be the "default" flavor. By analogy, the term "vanilla" is sometimes used as a synonym for "plain".

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vanilla#Culinary_uses

carla70

Post by carla70 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:15 pm

Thank you for the responses - I had no intention of changing the rules until I get to goal and then maybe not then either.

I guess I am Vanilla.. :lol:

WouldYouEva

Post by WouldYouEva » Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:26 am

Thank you for the responses - I had no intention of changing the rules until I get to goal and then maybe not then either.
Goal is following No S for the rest of your life, so probably not then either. [/quote]

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:38 am

Tweaking and modifying always gets me in trouble!
"Self-denial's a great sweetener of pleasure."
(Patrick McGoohan's "The Prisoner")