Unexpected Results of No-S

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Girl Next Door

Unexpected Results of No-S

Post by Girl Next Door » Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:56 pm

I started with No-S in October and have had three expected results: a modest weight loss, a decrease in my food obsession and more enjoyment of my meals.

But I've also had two unexpected results from doing No-S:

1. I can wear earrings again. My ears don't burn anymore when I put them in.

2. My left foot, which has had some problems for several years, doesn't seem to be bothering me anymore. I can walk some distance (ie, 1/2 mile to a mile) without pain. Yesterday I went roller skating - in skates for 3 hours and probably skating for half that time - and no trouble at all.

I don't know if it's due to the decrease in sugar, or just eating fewer times per day (I had a bad, random snacking habit), but these two things have brought a great deal of joy to my life!

Has anyone else experienced unexpected results of No-S?
Girl Next Door
"Don't I know you from somewhere?"

12/31/10 - 177
10/14/12 - 167
Healthy Range - 113-141

oliviamanda

Post by oliviamanda » Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:54 am

That's really interesting and great! No Sers should make a compilation book of cool stories like this!
Habit is habit and not to be flung out of the window by any man, but coaxed downstairs a step at a time.--- Mark Twain

mrsj

Post by mrsj » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:34 am

I've only been No S'ing for 30 days. But I have a lot more energy and am accomplishing a lot more in my day. My attitude has changer towards daily things like shopping and housecleaning. Instead of being bored or grouchy about it I look at it as a great workout. I don't clean the house, I "home range". I don't go shopping anymore, I "range home the groceries". Getting rid of guilt and obsession about food has really helped my mood.

GOD BLESS NO S!!!
Nothing is impossible-only improbable.