Begin Again

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Aquapixie

Begin Again

Post by Aquapixie » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:07 pm

I failed miserably on my last challenge, so I'm beginning afresh.

Today is day 1. So far, so good. I had raisin bran cereal with milk for breakfast and mushroom soup with crackers for lunch. Supper will be pasta with peppers and sausage.

This journal is going to be a place to come when I think about eating when it's not time. I'm sure once I get through a few days in a row, I'll be able to continue without much effort. Right now I'm hungry. Not starving, just hungry. Luckily there's not too much in the kitchen I want to eat. I've had one glass of water so far. I know I need to drink more water, I'm just out of the habit. I use to drink loads and loads of it.

Saturday my cousin is coming over and we're going to watch an English TV series we like. I'm going to make hot wings and popcorn. Not very nutritious, but some of my favorites.

I'm feeling a bit out of sorts today; I think I may be coming down with a cold. I hope not, though it will decrease my appetite.

That's all for now. I'll probably write more than I should, but if it works, it works.

BrightAngel

Re: Begin Again

Post by BrightAngel » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:32 pm

Aquapixie wrote:This journal is going to be a place to come when I think about eating when it's not time.
I'll probably write more than I should, but if it works, it works.
Journaling here on the Forum is a good idea,
and that is what many of us use the "Daily Check-In" area for.
There, each person's Thread is Personal to them,
and, although not totally private,
posting on one's personal Thread doesn't really invite all types of General Reply Comments
like it does here in this General Discussion area of the Forum.
BrightAngel - (Dr. Collins)
See: DietHobby. com

Aquapixie

Post by Aquapixie » Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:35 am

Thanks Black Angel,

I meant to post in the daily check-in area, I must have clicked back before posting. Should I move it there? I'd love comments, but don't want to be in the wrong area.

oliviamanda

Post by oliviamanda » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:24 pm

Good luck to you! You might want to search for the thread about H2Orange... mixing orange juice and water to sip in between meals... might curb your appetite and it tastes better than plain water for those of us not so fond of it. Personally it sounds like maybe you aren't eating enough at breakfast and lunch. Eat a full meal and you will feel more full and maybe not struggle so much. You are allowed!
Habit is habit and not to be flung out of the window by any man, but coaxed downstairs a step at a time.--- Mark Twain

Aquapixie

Post by Aquapixie » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:24 pm

Thanks Oliviamanda :) I can use alll the tips I can get. I'll try to have a larger breakfast tomorrow and see how that effects me.

donnao

keep coming back to this plan

Post by donnao » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:47 pm

i too, am beginning again

my latest "research" was giving up sugar and white flour in the hopes that
this would cure my desire to eat when i was not hungry

and while my appetite was indeed curbed by cutting the gunk out of my diet--
i was still eating all the time ( perma snacking)

... and after 60 days of this, my sugar cravings were INSANE - at first the sugar cravings went away, then they got very, very bad... AND i had lost no weight during this process..

i need structure

i am not sure whether or not i will be able to tolerate sugar/white flour,
but i am going to move it to the weekends and find out..

i know that i need 4 smaller meals a day-- when i was young and before i got myself so screwed up with diets, i ate 3 meals and an afternoon snack

i believe that until the habit of regular meals is firmly established, that nothing else that i do with my food or exercise really matters..

i am going to do this until i get it- no matter how long it takes

thanks to all who post on this site
Donna O

Aquapixie

Post by Aquapixie » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:46 pm

Hi Donna :)

Good luck on starting again. I think having a 4th meal or snack, can really work for some people. Especially if you have a long time between meals.
I'll be looking for your update about giving up the sugar / flour. That's what I did, while on Atkins. Right now, I'm having flour, and a little sugar (like in my tea,) during the week, but will have sweets on the weekend. I'm toying with the idea of putting some restrictions on the weekends though. I'm not sure. It's hard to be at the beginning, but experience will come soon enough. Getting my head around the idea that this is a life style and not a crash diet is hard, but I'm really working on it.

Keep us updated. :)