I lost it

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

agehr

I lost it

Post by agehr » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:00 am

I lost it and I don't mean the weight. I was doing so well for a couple of weeks and then got into the sweets. Of course the addiction kicked in. I want to get back with that "good feeling" again and cannot seem to get into the groove. I need all of the help I can get. Hugs, Arlene :(
A sliver leads to a slab, leads to a slob!

MerryKat

Post by MerryKat » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:33 am

((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))))

I have been there and done that (many, many times).

Now go and put the sweets away (you can have them back on Saturday) and go and make yourself a nice cup of tea / coffee. You have started and all you have to do is take one step at a time - and your good feeling and grove will come back once you get your habit back.

You can do this, I promise.

((((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))
Hugs from Sunny South Africa
Vanilla No S with no Sugar due to Health issues - 11 yrs No S - September 2016 (some good, some bad (my own doing) but always the right thing for me!)

agehr

Thank you

Post by agehr » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:29 pm

Thanks, Merry
A sliver leads to a slab, leads to a slob!

Southerngal45

Post by Southerngal45 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:30 pm

I know how you feel about the sweets. I just started this diet this past Thursday, so I'm new to this..but just try to remember that Saturday will be here soon, as Merry said.

When you get a craving, set a timer (love my timer) for 15 minutes and get busy doing something to keep your hands and mind occupied. Chances are the craving will have passed after the 15 minutes are up..it works for me..Not all the time, but most of the time..

Good luck! You can do this! :D

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:03 pm

My advice is to read the posts, new and old. You learn a lot from others. The more I read, the better I am. :wink:
I guess this doesn't work unless you actually do it.
Please pray for me