What are green/red days and vanilla?

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Southerngal45

What are green/red days and vanilla?

Post by Southerngal45 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:21 pm

I'm trying to figure out what green/red days are and what does vanilla mean here?

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:09 pm

A green day is when you've successfully followed No-S; a red day is when you've snacked, had sweets or seconds (S days are not included in this). Vanilla No-S means following No-S without any modifications.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:18 pm

...and the red and green are the colors that we color our habitcals. (See habitcal above- great tool) :wink:
I guess this doesn't work unless you actually do it.
Please pray for me

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:38 pm

Each weekend is considered S-days. You can snack and eat sweets. People who use the Habitcal color those days yellow. It just means you can't eat like that forever and, on the other hand, they are allowed, so you are not breaking any rules. The recommendation includes allowing two S-days that are not weekend days per month, such as for your birthday or a holiday Monday, if an eating celebration is a very important part of it for you. Actually, it's possible the two "allowed" S-days are not Vanilla No S. Maybe someone with more knowledge of the boards will clarify this.

This is a doable way to live.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)