Man! The cravings are about to get to me right now!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

becky123abc

Man! The cravings are about to get to me right now!

Post by becky123abc » Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:59 pm

I know this wasn't the best meal choice, but about an hour and a half ago I had a Big Mac Combo...with a Diet Coke. I didn't super-size -- but it was still a bad choice, I know.

As soon as I finished...I was and still am craving so binge...I don't know why. I have really cut back on my Diet Coke consumption...maybe one a week now...so I don't know if it was the diet coke or just the fast food...but right now I just want to eat and eat...I mean, it's like an gnawing craving...that's about to drive me nuts!

This is the first time since starting No-S that I've experienced it. I may go fix some coffee and sip on that awhile. Tomorrow is an S-day...I can make it until then! : )

ShannahR

Post by ShannahR » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:04 pm

Hold out! You can do it!
I wouldn't be suprised if something about that meal makes you want to binge. It's possible that its not even something in the food (eventhough that wouldn't suprise me and I bet McDs knows about it) it could just be that your mind associates a big mac meal with eating alot and its "urging' you to continue that habit.

Try any distraction you can think of, I'm cheering for you. S day is only 7 hours away!
This version of myself is not permanent, tomorrow I will be different. --BEP

becky123abc

Post by becky123abc » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:13 pm

Thanks Shannah! I was wondering if this is a physical or psychological reaction I'm having. All I know is that the urge is strong...I can say it's the first true "test" of my new way of eating.

I'm holding out...and maybe I should lay off the Big Macs! haha! :roll:

kccc

Post by kccc » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:27 pm

I have that reaction to fast food (burgers especially) too. Even though it's a gazillion calories, it's not "enough" - just unsatisfying.

Hang in there! Remember you can have milk, which helps.

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:35 pm

Actually, by not giving in to the urge to eat, which is chemically induced, it will decrease the stimulus-response reaction and the food will have that effect less and less each time you have it. Not that I'm recommending that. Overeating reinforces the connection; moderate eating extinguishes it. Undereating also reinforces it! That's how slim people eat that stuff and don't gorge. That's how N days build up a lack of desire to eat compulsively. It creates a new stimulus-response: hunger followed by moderate eating.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

becky123abc

Post by becky123abc » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:39 pm

oolala53, that's a great response! I hope I'm retraining my brain!

Thanks also KCCC...I will think twice before ordering at McDonalds again!

clarinetgal

Post by clarinetgal » Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:39 am

Have you ever seen Supersize Me? It's about this guy who eats nothing but McDonalds food for 30 days. I think he put on about 20 pounds during that time. In the documentary, he talked about how addicting the food was. Let's just say the documentary was VERY eye opening.