I don't panic anymore.

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Over43

I don't panic anymore.

Post by Over43 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:24 am

Although I have been marginally overweight at times, I have never been obese. Which is lucking, considering the gallons of Coke and Mt. Dew I have guzzled, the numbers of Big Macs I have pumped into my belly.

But one thing i didn't realize I suffered from until this week, possibly, is a panic I would get between meals. Or the panic I would feel not thinking I'd be able to eat a certain food. I would be eating a meal, and planning the next meal I was to eat. Or, I would eat dinner, think I was till hungry and hit a drive through.

Now I get up, eat a plate of food and move on. And right now I'm not panicking.
Last edited by Over43 on Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bacon is the gateway meat. - Anthony Bourdain
You pale in comparison to Fox Mulder. - The Smoking Man

I made myself be hungry, then I would get hungrier. - Frank Zane Mr. Olympia '77, '78, '79

Starla

Post by Starla » Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:01 pm

I often think a book could be written about the mental effect of No S. Posters talk about "diet head," and I never before realized how dieting made me obsessed with food. Losing the diet head may be the absolute best thing about No S. I'm glad you're experiencing the calmness!

KareBear

Post by KareBear » Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:05 pm

I totally agree. I am so tired of being obsessed with food and what I am eating and what next diet I will be going on. Thank God for this program which is so simple and basic that it works.
Karen

Start/Current/Goal
160/ 160 /135

oliviamanda

Post by oliviamanda » Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:12 pm

That is great news. I am glad No S is having positive effects on your brain. I do not even obsess about what sweets I'm eating on S days, I just let them come my way and if I feel they are worthy I will have as much as I find enjoyable, which isn't as much as it used to be.
Habit is habit and not to be flung out of the window by any man, but coaxed downstairs a step at a time.--- Mark Twain