HabitCal Google gadget busted?

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

DaveMc

HabitCal Google gadget busted?

Post by DaveMc » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:13 pm

Is it just me, or has the HabitCal gadget in iGoogle suddenly stopped working right? I used to get a little HabitCal display in the logged-in view of iGoogle, but now it just contains the text "Click on one or more tags from the list above and hit the show button. Hold down the control (or apple) key while clicking to select multiple tags." -- but there is no list above, just the words. This started a few days ago, after working smoothly for a long time. I wonder if Google changed something, or did I somehow manage to disable it?

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:02 pm

It's not just you... I see this problem too (actually I'm just getting a blank).

I haven't changed anything on my end, and the gadget still seems to work when embedded in a regular web page, so I'm not sure what's going on here.

First thing I'm going to do is wait a bit and see if the problem goes away :-)

Thanks for bringing my attention to this -- I don't use igoogle that much myself so it would have taken me forever to notice otherwise.

Reinhard

DaveMc

Post by DaveMc » Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:23 am

reinhard wrote:First thing I'm going to do is wait a bit and see if the problem goes away :-)
Well, that seems to have worked: it's back, now!

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:09 am

My favorite kind of bug :-)

Reinhard's 2 rules of software debugging:

1) wait and see if the problem goes away by itself (or the geniuses at google fix it for you)

2) reboot and see if that fixes it

Reinhard