RED day!! (Okay, maybe just pink.)

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Doran

RED day!! (Okay, maybe just pink.)

Post by Doran » Tue May 04, 2010 9:42 pm

I am five days shy of a solid month as a dedicated No S'er, and I have felt really proud of my track record - until today. This marks my first Failure Day. It hasn't been horrific. In fact, if I wanted to, I could call this a modification, because I basically ate two small lunches, spaced evenly apart, instead of one larger one. I could rationalize it. Consider it a "petite panne," a little pink day. But, right this minute, I could totally plunk myself down with a big bag of Fritos and just color this day good and RED.

What do you do when every morsel in the house seems to be calling your name? ("Why, yes, actually...I am in the throes of PMS. However did you guess?" :roll: )

KareBear

Post by KareBear » Tue May 04, 2010 10:15 pm

Congrats on your almost perfect month. I think some girls actually allow for snacks on PMS days as a mod. Your choice of course. I feel your pain as I am right in the middle of the exact same thing. In addition to not feeling motivated to exercise. We can do it though, right?
Karen

Start/Current/Goal
160/ 160 /135

Aleria

Post by Aleria » Tue May 04, 2010 10:58 pm

I've added a mod to my No-S for that time as well. This isn't because I get "snacky", but rather because if I don't, I end up writhing on the couch in pain.
It's simple - just split my lunch in two, eat half before classes, half during lunch time.
"I'm not here to decorate your world"
Start: January 2010: 160 pounds, 39" waist
During: December 2010: 152 pounds, 33" waist

NoelFigart

Post by NoelFigart » Tue May 04, 2010 11:01 pm

:lol: PMS shouldn't be an excuse to eat. THAT'S not No-S friendly.

PMS should be an excuse for excessive cruelty and violence. None of THOSE are Ses. :twisted:
------
My blog https://noelfigart.com/wordpress/ I talk about being a freelance writer, working out and cooking mostly. The language is not always drawing room fashion. Just sayin'.

Doran

Post by Doran » Wed May 05, 2010 12:23 am

Well, it's good to know that some people modify to accommodate...erm...raging hormones. But, what if I'd really rather NOT go there?

I'd love to hear about what folks do to talk themselves out of the pantry/fridge on those days when the urge to cheat is larger than life.

NoelFigart

Post by NoelFigart » Wed May 05, 2010 12:37 am

Okay, in Real Life, I don't use my cycle as an excuse not to do anything.

<MENFOLK WHO FREAK AT FEMALE TMI STOP READING>

Okay, if I'm bleeding excessively heavily, I might take a pass on a swim, but that's rare.

The way I look at it? I'm a grown-up, and if I use my period as an excuse to eat, then all the misogynistic stuff about women not being able to control themselves because of having ovaries must be true. I'm far, FAR too stubborn to give in to that. For me, it's a feminist rebellion.
------
My blog https://noelfigart.com/wordpress/ I talk about being a freelance writer, working out and cooking mostly. The language is not always drawing room fashion. Just sayin'.

ShannahR

Post by ShannahR » Fri May 07, 2010 7:49 pm

Maybe this is TMI but I thought I'd share because it made me laugh.

I was thinking to myself, "why don't I have this problem, it sure does seem like me when I read it." Then I realized the reason--I'm on the pill and I've timed it so my cranky time starts Friday night and goes into the weekend! :lol: I've basically synchornized it with S days---and I highly recommend it.

:lol:
This version of myself is not permanent, tomorrow I will be different. --BEP