Any recommended readings on intermittent fasting?

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Kathleen

Any recommended readings on intermittent fasting?

Post by Kathleen » Mon May 31, 2010 10:59 pm

I got some really interesting suggestions for books on intermittent fasting -- The Alternate Day Diet and Ultra Fat to Ultra Fit. Any other suggestions? Thanks.
Kathleen

OT

Post by OT » Mon May 31, 2010 11:29 pm

I think intermittent fasting is still far from being mainstream-you probably wouldn't find many books on the subject in your local library!

There are however LOTS of resources/ebooks online,just do a bit of googling.There is of course Brad Pilon's Eat Stop Eat ebook(it does cost $40 to download but you can read most of the information on his blog at bradpilon.com totally free).Another popular one is Fast 5-this is a totally free downloadable ebook,you just need to register on the site. There is also a free ebook you can download at www.theiflife.com which provides a very good introduction to intermittent fasting and the basic science behind it.

This should be enough to get you started-I can direct you to some good blogs as well if you are interested,but I wouldn't want to overload you with information!

clio

Post by clio » Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:31 pm

This guy's blog is very interesting. He's been quite successful with intermittent fasting:

http://retireddieter.com/
SW: 154