First Month...

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

jojo2010

First Month...

Post by jojo2010 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:49 pm

I came across the no S diet on September 13 2010,and started it that very day.
The following afternoon I cleared out over 20 failed weight watcher,carbohydrate addict,calorie King,Belly Buster,Cooking light etc etc books,black garbage bagged them and brought them to the Salvation Army drop box!(The better part of me actually considered burning them,because I hate to have them be in exsistance for some other desperate soul to have to endure.)I laugh about these books,but each one represents the insanity I have had towards food and living since High School.(I am 37 years old!)Always been thin only until lately putting on the weight...
I also started Urban Ranger last week and actually slept the whole night through.First time in months.Walking the pier in Grand Haven,enjoying this great Indian Summer.
I will try to check in from time to time~really enjoy/learn a lot from reading other post!
Last edited by jojo2010 on Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Too solid flesh

Post by Too solid flesh » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:15 pm

Welcome, jojo2010. It sounds as though you are making great strides, if you will excuse the pun!
Be kind, for everybody you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Nicest of the Damned

Re: First Month...

Post by Nicest of the Damned » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:06 pm

jojo2010 wrote:I came across the no S diet on September 13 2010,and started it that very day.
The following afternoon I cleared out over 20 failed weight watcher,carbohydrate addict,calorie King,Belly Buster,Cooking light etc etc books,black garbage bagged them and brought them to the Salvation Army drop box!(The better part of me actually considered burning them,because I hate to have them be in exsistance for some other desperate soul to have to endure.)I laugh about these books,but each one represents the insanity I have had towards food and living since High School.(I am 37 years old!)
At least whatever poor unfortunate gets them is paying less, and no money is going to the creators of these diets that you suffered from, if they buy them at the Salvation Army.

jojo2010

Post by jojo2010 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:19 pm

I know~By not throwing it all away on the "next big thing"in the diet cook-book dilemma, I'm trying to figure out what I'll do with all the extra cash?

Also,thanx for the warm welcome~person from England!

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:37 pm

jojo2010 wrote:I'm trying to figure out what I'll do with all the extra cash?
Get really good food?
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."