Yea, my book was delivered today!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

SpiritSong

Yea, my book was delivered today!

Post by SpiritSong » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:43 pm

I just checked my tracking information, and the book is awaiting my return home from work!

I have been following the No S plan for three weeks now, and I am doing pretty well. I am down 1.5 lbs, or exactly one half pound per week, just as instructed by Reinhard. :wink:

I am pretty hungry before lunch but instead of snacking, I realize that I need to (1) eat a better breakfast, and (2) get used to the feeling of hunger and realize that I will survive. I am also hoping that hunger means my body is burning fat.

I am hoping that once I have some obvious weight loss, I might be able to convince DH to try out the plan. He is obese and really needs to start doing something about his weight. I won't try to convince him now (since I don't have the best track record with sticking with things and will need to prove it works first), but I will definitely leave the book out in the open once I'm done with it just in case he needs some reading material. 8)

magrat

Post by magrat » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:13 pm

That's great, I still need to get the book myself! Maybe for Christmas...

I started No S hoping to inspire my DH who is obese. He has lost weight over the past year but I thought it was time to set a good example for him. After I was on No S for 5-6 weeks, he decided he would join me! I think it's hard to keep snacking and eating desserts when your wife is all smug about not eating them :)

Nicest of the Damned

Post by Nicest of the Damned » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:58 pm

magrat wrote:I think it's hard to keep snacking and eating desserts when your wife is all smug about not eating them :)
I'm hoping that's true. I have a chubby hubby who I'm hoping will join me on No S someday, too.

Too solid flesh

Post by Too solid flesh » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:26 pm

magrat wrote:That's great, I still need to get the book myself! Maybe for Christmas...
The fridge magnet is a nice reminder, too.
Be kind, for everybody you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Over43

Post by Over43 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:16 am

Hello Spirit Song,

Part of your post reminds me of a quote from Dr. Doug McGuff's book "Ultimate Exercise".

(Your exact quote is: I am pretty hungry before lunch but instead of snacking, I realize that I need to (1) eat a better breakfast, and (2) get used to the feeling of hunger and realize that I will survive. I am also hoping that hunger means my body is burning fat.)

He states: I tell my clients that I have two fundemental choices..."I can be hungry, or I can be fat." I also tell them that nothing tastes as good as being lean feels.

When I am not mindlessly eating and I let myself feel hungry I find that it can be a pleasant sensation. And although I'm not sure of the phsyiological validty of my thoughts, I also think I am burning fat.

I was quite rewarded in June when I spent a week in the Caribbean, I had lost ten pounds for the trip and the No S carried over through my vacation and I lost another five pounds while I was there. (A lot of walking and snorkling as well. Counter acted the Guiness and Cayman Ale they sold. :lol: )

Good luck to you.
Bacon is the gateway meat. - Anthony Bourdain
You pale in comparison to Fox Mulder. - The Smoking Man

I made myself be hungry, then I would get hungrier. - Frank Zane Mr. Olympia '77, '78, '79

Nicest of the Damned

Post by Nicest of the Damned » Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:33 pm

My copy came today! :)