Two weeks on nos and a bit worried

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Whidbey Woman

Two weeks on nos and a bit worried

Post by Whidbey Woman » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:17 am

No snacks, no sweets, no seconds - where I was pretty cautious - but no weight lost. Am I doing this right? It's so wonderfully easy; it seems almost to easy.

Sharpie

Post by Sharpie » Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:26 am

Hang in there! The scale is not the only important metric. Retraining yourself to eat meals and not sweets or snacks is the first step. Later, if that's not enough, more can be added. For now, just keep up with No S! :)
"If you only do what you know you can do, you never do very much.†-Tom Krause

DaveMc

Post by DaveMc » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:53 am

"Two weeks in to NoS and a bit worried" could serve as a summary of almost *everyone's* experience, so you're definitely not alone! It does take time, but it's worth it. Once you get the habit of regular, moderate meals and limited sweets well established (and that's really what we're talking about, when you get right down to it -- it's that simple, but that doesn't always mean easy), you should start to see the weight come off. How fast that happens varies a lot from person to person.
Last edited by DaveMc on Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Whidbey Woman

Post by Whidbey Woman » Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:15 pm

Thanks for the encouragement. :)

Over43

Post by Over43 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:27 pm

You're okay. Have you been losing "size", I notice that my clothes start fitting much better before I satrt seeing an increase in weightloss. I am not sure why that is.

Keep at it.

O43
Bacon is the gateway meat. - Anthony Bourdain
You pale in comparison to Fox Mulder. - The Smoking Man

I made myself be hungry, then I would get hungrier. - Frank Zane Mr. Olympia '77, '78, '79