Learning to taste my food!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

kittymom

Learning to taste my food!

Post by kittymom » Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:55 pm

It's amazing what I am discovering about the tasted of food. When I was growing up we were not allowed to say we didn't like something. We had to eat whatever was on the plate and all of it. Somewhere along the line I learned to shut off my taste buds.
Then as I started on the diet food roller coaster I continued to keep my taste buds turned off so I could choke down the fat free, sugar free, salt free, carb free, flavor free meal!
Now that I am doing NO S and allowing myself to eat foods that have been off limits for years instead of sneaking and binging...I taste it.
Maybe it sounds strange but some of the stuff I have longed for over the years doesn't really taste good when I CAN have it. Hmmm...Burger King onion rings are gross! I used to love them and salivate at the thought of them and then sneak them late at night on some binge. Now, they are not technically off limits so I ate them in the light of day...yuck!
Also, with no constant sneak of sweets through the week not only does the chocolate taste sweeter on Sunday but the fruits taste like candy on Wednesday!

kccc

Post by kccc » Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:14 pm

I think that's one of the best parts of No-S. :)

Who Me?

Post by Who Me? » Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:20 pm

It's sad that we've gotten this way, but it's so great that you've escaped.

Good food is a delight.

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:46 pm

It's quite a paradox that overeaters say they love food but they seldom really taste it. But I know slim people who are fast eaters, too. What a waste!
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)