Need to lose 60 pounds

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

apple_bottom

Need to lose 60 pounds

Post by apple_bottom » Tue May 30, 2006 3:48 pm

Hi all...I am a new member and interested in hearing about your progress on the NO S Diet. I am looking for something that is not complicated, but also enjoyable and most of all something that WORKS! I have cut down my eating habits a bit and started cycling in the morning about 1 mile for the past 2 weeks, but still no weight loss or fat loss. I want to look nice for summer time (well before the end of summer...lol). So any suggestions or comments or success stories would be great.
Here is my start weight. I will try to weight in every week. I am 5 8 so 165 is my ideal weight, but 170-180 is fine w/ me.

Wish me luck!

May 30th 2006 - 240 pounds

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Tue May 30, 2006 5:40 pm

Hi Apple :)
Welcome!
Be patient and enjoy this very life friendly diet which works...
It works slowly so just be prepared for that...
I started NoS at approximately 230 or maybe even a little more..
I'm now 206 and people I know usually think I look like I'm a little less, as I've been active for about 80 percent of the year (minus the last few months..) Some people lose much more consistantly than I do, and quicker, but that's them and this is me.. I recommend highly that you make exercise a priority and just gear up for a very nice journey to weight loss and health!
170 or 180 sounds great to me too!

Good luck!
Peace and Love,
8) Deb
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Wed May 31, 2006 1:24 am

Welcome, Apple!

Success stories are concentrated here:

http://nosdiet.com/testimonials.html

No-s is more of a lifetime thing than an end of summer thing... I don't want to be a downer, but 60 pounds is going to take many months (if not a couple years or more) to take off sustainably. Besides being more accurate, I think you'll be much more successful and resilient with this big picture in mind.

Reinhard

cab54

Post by cab54 » Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:22 pm

apple, I also have 60# to lose (was 180 at end of March '06 and want about 120#---I am very short) and have lost 8# since I started. (172) Which is GOOD. Slow and Steady wins the race. GAWD, I sound like my grandparents! :P

Don't forget to do some kind of exercise. I mostly walk, and that's working--plus I do a little toning work. Usually that will make you LOOK better than you weigh.
Cheryl

Starting weight--200 (gah!)
Currently--185
Goal weight--135, or wherever I end up