Why am I over complicating this??

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

MrsS

Why am I over complicating this??

Post by MrsS » Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:25 am

Ok so I have come to the conclusion that my successful week on NO S was because I understood the simplicity of the plan. Eat 3substantial sized meals a day and don’t be afraid of a little bit of hunger in between! Simples!!
For the past week I have been putting imaginary hurdles in the way and putting mods in place that just throw me completely off course. I don’t need to do this, all I have to do is plan my 3 meals, eat them and enjoy them.
Lets hope that’s me back on the right track

feedthehunger

Post by feedthehunger » Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:44 am

The book mentions that modifications can lead you astray. Having just started myself, I can see how that could happen as I have an endless capacity to kid myself about what I'm doing when it comes to diet. Though it is hard, I am following the No S rules as written because I have come to believe that training myself to eat on schedule with zero mods is going to help my brain become used to normal eating. And where the brain leads, the body will follow.
Started my No S Lifestyle November 7, 2014

r.jean

Post by r.jean » Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:58 pm

Patience with the system is hard at first. The slow or non-existant weight loss is hard too. Hang in there and you will develop better habits for life!
The journey is the reward.
Maintenance is progress.

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:47 pm

"all I have to do is plan my 3 meals, eat them and enjoy them. "

You said it. Do that for six months. Then recalibrate.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

Nicest of the Damned

Post by Nicest of the Damned » Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:54 pm

It's too early for mods. There's a temptation to start adding mods, to try to fix everything that you don't like about your eating habits all at once. This is the wrong approach. Get to the point where keeping the basic No S habits doesn't require much thought or willpower, then you can start to think about mods. But no more than three at a time, and don't add new ones more often than once a month (at the absolute minimum). Don't try to tackle too many problems at once, that doesn't work.

When you do add mods, make sure your mods are realistic for you. Some mods might work for some people, but just not work for others. You're not bad or weak because you can't make a particular mod work for you, you're just a different person in different circumstances.