cocktails

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

peachee

cocktails

Post by peachee » Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:04 am

ok. so i'm having this debate about whether cosmos should be counted as an "S" or not.
my recipe:
1 shot vodka
1 shot triple sec
1 shot lemon juice
1 shot unsweetened cranberry juice

makes 1 martini glass full.......

when i did my 21 days, i tried just drinking wine at the end instead of 1 cosmo a night and felt like i lost some weight (i have no scale) but that was also at the end of the 21 days. i really like cosmos esp in the summer and was wondering what people usually do in regards to cocktails? i know it's a 2 drink limit, but can it be any drink? and can it be every day? thanks!

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:40 am

I think you are okay with this Peechee...
It's the rum and cokes, and pina coladas, and daquiris that we have to avoid on N days..

I wouldn't go running for a bottle of Kahlua and cream either!
LOL..

I hope your drink takes you away into the Cosmos successfully :)

Peace and Love,
8) Deb
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

operababe

Post by operababe » Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:02 pm

You mean we can have 2 drinks on N days? Or is it a 2 drink limit for the week? Just asking, and Peachee, if you're losing weight/maintaining and you're still able to enjoy your Cosmo, then that's terrific! For me, I think if I'm allowed up to 2 drinks everyday, I'd be toast. That's 10 drinks per week???

I'm glad you asked about this, because I have been allowing myself 2-3 drinks on the weekends (S days), but nothing during the week. I'll check to see if this has been posted on the FAQ page.

Ciao for now!
It's time to make it beautiful.

operababe

Post by operababe » Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:22 pm

Found my answer in Reinhard's discussion about the diet, which I thought I had read but must have skipped this part:

"I don't count alcoholic beverages as esses. I usually have a drink or two a day, which I've read is supposed to be very healthy. 2 drinks is my "glass ceiling," however, because I've read (and experienced) that more than that can be pretty awful. If you drink that or less, I don't imagine it'll have much impact from a caloric point of view."

OK! So 1-2 drinks per day is fine. Peachee, enjoy your cosmo!!! And I'll enjoy a glass or two of wine during the week!
It's time to make it beautiful.

peachee

Post by peachee » Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:57 am

thanks guys! i've never been on a diet where i could have any alcohol and i guess i'm still used to having set-in-stone rules so i know if i'm "doing it right". also, i rarely drank until i started working- but after a long day of work followed by a long 3 hour class, a cosmo is just about the best thing in the universe. cheers~!