3 meals a day plus desert... Does anybody else do this?

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Holocene

3 meals a day plus desert... Does anybody else do this?

Post by Holocene » Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:15 pm

Hey everybody, this is my first post. My goal is to lose around 10lb I gained whilst at uni.

I've started No S a week ago with the exception of allowing myself a desert after my dinner but I follow the no snacks rule very strictly.
I have two decaf coffees a day with 2 teaspoons of sugar and some milk. Has anybody else done this and experienced success?

Overal, I've made a massive reduction in the amount I usually eat. I have a viracious appetite and can literally eat an obscene amount of food throughout the day in the form of snacking and seconds if I let myself.
deep roots are not reached by the frost.

annab275

Post by annab275 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:04 pm

Hi this is my first post too! Just finished reading the book and ready to go - I did start a couple of weeks ago and can usually manage no snacks although have had a smoothie sometimes and fruit as a dessert ( there has been room on my plate for it) so I suppose a few grapes is preferable to sticky toffee pud! Good luck

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:01 am

No matter what others have done, if this works for you and gets the result you want, just go with it. Give it a couple of months. If you aren't getting what you want, face the music then and stick with Vanilla.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

Red

Post by Red » Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:00 pm

Yea, Holocene, I struggled with that too... especially when the diet I'm on actually prescribes it. (I've got scads of Nutrisystem in the house, going to finish out what I have, and the go Full No S after that.)... Nutrisystem claims that they can manage your blood sugar with all of the sweets it gives you, to say I am skeptical (after three months of screaming cravings) is an understatement.

Anyway - I reorganized it, and began eating larger meals, and skipping sweets and desserts alltogether. I thought I'd have cravings, but after a day or so, I don't. Voila.

I've dropped 1 lb in a week. Feels great!!

What's derailed me this week(my 2nd week), is a headcold... I'm working on going back to No S this evening.

In Anycase, oolala53 is right... it's what works for you that counts. :)
"...skid into heaven broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” " Thank you Hunter!

Holocene

Post by Holocene » Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:04 pm

annab275 wrote: I suppose a few grapes is preferable to sticky toffee pud! Good luck
Hi! Nice to have a fellow noob to keep me company.

I'd agree, if you're going to slip up you could do a lot worse than a few grapes... Like me last night, gorged on my mums home made cake :lol:

Holocene

Post by Holocene » Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:12 pm

Red wrote:Anyway - I reorganized it, and began eating larger meals,
I think you have just summed up what I need to do perfectly; I need to eat enough that I'm satisfied and I suppose as I get used to not eating between meals I will realise I don't need to make a mountain of food on my plate. Thanks! :D

Holocene

Post by Holocene » Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:17 pm

oolala53 wrote:Give it a couple of months. If you aren't getting what you want, face the music then and stick with Vanilla.
Words of wisdom. I will do exactly this, thank you.

RAWCOOKIE

Post by RAWCOOKIE » Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:18 pm

I usually have a piece of fruit with my lunch and dinner (and often breakfast as well) - always just fruit, sometimes it might be dates. We all know our own boundaries with 'dessert' - this is not 'dessert' for me - it's just part of my regular meal - I like fruit and it's good for me.
Last edited by RAWCOOKIE on Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
I love Everyday Systems :3

13.6.15 124.25lbs
11.11.21 101.00lbs

Holocene

Post by Holocene » Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:30 pm

RAWCOOKIE wrote:I usually have a piece of fruit with my lunch and dinner (and often breakfast as well) - always just fruit, sometimes it might be dates. We all know our own boundaries with 'dessert' - this is not 'desert' for me - it's just part of my regular meal - I like fruit and it's good for me.
I see where you're coming from, my problem is that if I allow myself fruit outside of a meal it's a slippery slope to eating whatever I want. But that's my fault for lacking self discipline.

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:36 pm

I don't think anyone was suggesting you have fruit outside a meal. Just the opposite.

No S can't make you follow its rules. If you want a dessert each day, no one can stop you. But it will have to be small and only you can keep to a small portion, if you eventually want to live sanely with food. But no diet can keep you from eventually going overboard on limited foods, either. Only you can do that. It may work for awhile to have calorie limits or eliminated foods, but diets have not been very successful at getting people to eat moderately in the long run. Not even No S can do that, if a person doesn't go with the program.

Try not to dwell on what you've done in the past. Commit to your meals and dessert, if you choose, and hang on!
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

PeteyB

Post by PeteyB » Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:28 pm

RAWCOOKIE wrote:I usually have a piece of fruit with my lunch and dinner (and often breakfast as well) - always just fruit, sometimes it might be dates. We all know our own boundaries with 'dessert' - this is not 'dessert' for me - it's just part of my regular meal
I do this also, and it's been working well for me so far.