feeling slightly better

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

mommashell

feeling slightly better

Post by mommashell » Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:12 pm

Well, mentally I'm not so sad. I did skip my trumpet lesson though, because I physically just feel tired and run-down. But I was built backward. When I'm well I tend to get lazy and not do as much. When I'm sick I tend to feel I need to do more. So what am I doing now? Wally's laundry. I never do his laundry but I'm to a place where I'm kind of caught up now and I thought what the heck. It's just sitting there being dirty anyway, and he's not washing it, so I might as well do it. So I figure I'm washing the first of three loads of his laundry and one load of towels, his whites and some of the kids clothes. My plan is to get all three of his loads done and get the rest of my laundry and towels and stuff folded. And so now, I'm not folding laundry, I am procrastinating. Oh well. I'm just incredibly tired. And I'm trying to decide whether I'm hungry or not. I think I ought to eat but nothing sounds good. I think it's more of an emotional hunger like, oh let's eat because I'm sick. But my stomach feels all queezy and everything hurts. And you know that I have to be really sick to miss a music lesson. Well, you probably didn't know that, but it's very true. I have to be really sick to miss a music lesson, because music is so much a part of who I am and what I am about. I am feeling very proud because for the first time I'm really learning the difference between physical and emotional hunger. You know, if I had some ramin I would probably eat that. I *love* ramin. Not healthy I know, but it sure tastes good. However, one serving of Ramin is eight weight watcher points. I don't really do ww any more because it just takes too much math for me. I still haven't found the guts to unsubscribe, but I'm really thinking that hey I could save the 16 bucks that I pay each month and come to think of it, that Wally pays each month. That's like 32 dollars and I rarely ever use the site any more. I occasionally use it for recipes, but I get lots of recipes from soar, and of course, I order from schwans quite a bit because even though I like to cook, I don't like to stand on my leg for long. Well that's enough for now. How are all the rest of you? I suppose I should check other posts instead of just viewing my own posts. I will probably do that the next time I come in here. Well have a nice day.
Shell

doulachic

Post by doulachic » Fri Jul 14, 2006 4:30 am

Hey there,

I love Schwans! Unfortunately i usually order the ice cream...but i was wanting to try some of their lower calorie stuff and i was wondering if you have tried any of their healthier meals (like the sweet and sour chicken?) and if they are any good? Just curious.

glad you are feeling happier and less sad!
((Big Hugs!))
***GRINS***
Tricia

"When you are in a jam, a good friend will bring a loaf of bread and peanut butter..."

mommashell

still stuffy

Post by mommashell » Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:06 pm

Thanks Doulachick. I was afraid I turned everyone off yesterday. Glad to see someone is still reading my posts. I still feel pretty crappy physically. I did end up eating an ice cream sandwich yesterday but since I was sick I gave myself permission. I'm still not really sure if I ate it because I was physically hungry or because my throat was hurting and that was just the only thing that sounded good at the moment. Or maybe all three.
Breakfast was the only full meal I ate yesterday, aside from an extra peach probably and that ice cream sandwich. But I lost another three pounds so now I am 223.4. Of course, when my appetite comes back I can expect that to go right back up, but for the time being, I'm glad that I've pushed that big old boulder that's like the 80-100 pounds I want to lose, at least an inch down the mile long path. Well realistically I would be ok with losing 70 pounds. And in the short term, I'd be happy to be comfortably in the 100's again. As far as the week goes, or the weekend, my goal is to get through the weekend with only a one pound deficit. I mean, if I lose, that would be great, but my S days tend to make me gain a pound, or two or three or four, depending on how much I snack. So when I gain I call that a deficit. Oh yeah, I actually washed all my husband's clothes. I have one more big load before it's all done for a couple days. Maybe I can finally sort those tapes I've had for like a year, from the library.
I've been pretty doped up on benedryl because it's the only medicine I have besides perscription decongestants. I took one of those today. I hope it starts working because right now I'm just so stuffy. I think I'm going to make me a cup of hot tea maybe some oatmeal, if I can find the oatmeal. So anyway, I hope that your day is better than mine is going to be!!
Shell

MerryKat

Post by MerryKat » Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:08 pm

I hope you are feeling better today, and I love reading your posts.
Hugs from Sunny South Africa
Vanilla No S with no Sugar due to Health issues - 11 yrs No S - September 2016 (some good, some bad (my own doing) but always the right thing for me!)

mommashell

Post by mommashell » Fri Jul 21, 2006 4:04 pm

MerryKat wrote:I hope you are feeling better today, and I love reading your posts.
Hi Mary. I am feeling somewhat better today. I've been in sickness hell for the past few days. The cold plus the cough syrup they gave me with the hydrocodone has made me really tired. And every time I'm even just a little bit active I sweat like a pig. I'm not coughing today and not stuffy as much so I skipped the cough syrup. I went right back to 226 on Monday, (my official weight tracking day) and then on Tuesady or Wednesday gained a couple, so up to 228 then lost three so now I'm holding at 225.6 and hopefully it will stay there. I can deal with that. My knee isn't hurting now, and the irony is that I couldn't exercise right now if I wanted to because I'm still all dopy from the cough syrup which has been in my system for a couple days. So once I get that going again, I'll probably lose more weight. My goal for now is just getting into the 190's again. Come on shell, just a few more pounds!! You can do it!!!! Rah Rah Rah!! The croud goes wild! They're standing up... cheering.. the noise is deafening and they're all chanting Go Shell go! No wait... that's baseball. Never mind! Last night I fought the snack demon and won. I don't really remember doing it, but it's kind of a vague memory. I did win though. i remember that much. Wally's been keeping me honest. Wish he would do this too. He can eat a whole bag of microwave popcorn. And I don't buy the fat free stuff. In my honest opinion, act 2 is the best. Of course it's also the saltiest. But I've been very good about only eating it on S days. Anyway, how he can scarf a whole bag is beyond me. Just the thought of doing that now makes me want to go Oink oink!! BUt never to him, of course. Of course, catch me in a real bad snack attack and i might do just that too, and then I'd be going oink oink to myself. Well anyway, I hope your week has been better than mine has.
SHell

MerryKat

Post by MerryKat » Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:52 am

Shell
I am glad to hear that you are feeling better. It is great that Wally is helping you to stay on track, my DH does a great job of helping me behave as well.

Congrats on keeping your weight so stable while sick, that can be really difficult to do.

Have a great Monday.
Hugs from Sunny South Africa
Vanilla No S with no Sugar due to Health issues - 11 yrs No S - September 2016 (some good, some bad (my own doing) but always the right thing for me!)