Does anyone else do this?

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

nosman

Does anyone else do this?

Post by nosman » Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:03 pm

I have had success with No S before but over the past couple of years I've had some changes in my life that have led to my usually deciding to not eat breakfast. I feel fine doing this and usually make it to noon or 1:00 PM without eating a thing. The problem lately is that after lunch I find it more difficult to not eat until dinner. I was thinking of having a small meal (not a snack!) during the afternoon as my second meal of the day, meaning I'm still doing No S, I'm just doing it on a slightly different schedule. I'm aware that this is also like 8/16 intermittent fasting.

Does anyone else do this or something similar and if so, how have your results looked?

MamieTamar

Post by MamieTamar » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:29 am

Yes, this is exactly what I do, having had very modest results with No S only. In the beginning, I used to feel famished by mid-afternoon, and I planned a 3rd meal then, but eventually I realized it was all in my head, and now I'm quite OK with 2 meals a day. However, since in our French culture every meal (except, precisely, breakfast) is multi-course, I must rely on a gut feeling of what "one plate only" might mean in terms of quantity, and it is not a very reliable tool. I probably eat less without breakfast however, because it has helped me drop another 2-3 kilos. But I did not get the impressive results claimed for IF.
age 77
SBMI:29
CBMI: 27,7

kaalii

Post by kaalii » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:41 am

i have succes with that... cleared our my night snacking even before i discovered noS...
most of the days i eat my 3 plates in an 8 hour window... perfect for my work schedule...
unless i work very early in the morning (which is one day in the week)... then i eat an earlier breakfast...
BMI: 18.8
Body Fat %: 17.6
in it for maintenance and, more importantly, sanity!!