lost again today

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

mommashell

lost again today

Post by mommashell » Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:20 pm

I lost down to 225 even. I am very proud of that, but sure that my stomach is catching the same thing as Kaeli's I did have a snack attack but the funny thing is that when I snuck in the bedroom where Wally is keeping his oreos, he was awake and he caught me. I went back to bed, but couldn't sleep so ended up getting up again and having a few kisses. Only five actually. I was proud of myself for not going crazy. I know I'm not always real strict. But Iam getting better. At least I think I am. I just had a duzy of a night mare last night. I guess it wasn't a night mare really just all mixed up and strange. I don't remember the whole thing. Just remember being really anxious after I woke up and it took a while to really get back to sleep. Well, now I have to go make Kaeli's toast.
Shell

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Thu Jul 27, 2006 5:36 pm

Were they real kisses or the chocolate ones?!
:wink: Congrats on your losing Shell!
Peace and Love,
8) Debs
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

Big Phil

Lost again

Post by Big Phil » Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:55 pm

Congratulations on the loss, Shell. And don't sweat the occassional transgressions, like you said, you are getting better. It is a learning process and you can understand NoS with your conscious mind but it takes a long time to teach your subconscious and your body. That is where real learning is. As Montaigne points out, your body doesn't betray you because you were never in control of it. It just always worked it's way and your conscious mind started to think you controlled it.

Phil.

mommashell

Re: Lost again

Post by mommashell » Sat Jul 29, 2006 4:13 pm

Hi there phill. I *never sweat the small stuff. Never ever. Even when I was doing weight watchers. I don't even call it cheating, not unless I totally binge on something. Or like slip up several days in a row. But a few kisses here and there, I figure aren't going to hurt anybody. For me it's not so much about dieting but learning to live with the fact that I like chocolate and that *I* can choose and control how much of that I put in my body. It's about learning to live with the fact that I like things that aren't healthy and still lose weight even if they are a part of my life. Which means that I have to consciously choose to make them a smaller and smaller part of my life. This week, I have been, on the whole pretty bad, but somehow I have still managed to lose weight. Today I was 224 and a few Ozs. This was after eating ice cream on a couple nights and having an ice cream sandwich for lunch one afternoon because I was in a hurry and my throat has been very sore lately. But I somehow managed to balance the bad stuff because I lost weight anyway. ANd when I'm not feeling sick with sinus stuff or whatever, it's much easier to cooperate with myself.
Shell
PS Deb, they were coconut kisses actually. But four or five of those is better than a whole candy bar. Oh yeah I cheated and had oreos too. Next week will be better. I'll exercise because I won't be so sick with stomach bugs and colds and whatever was going on this week.
Big Phil wrote:Congratulations on the loss, Shell. And don't sweat the occassional transgressions, like you said, you are getting better. It is a learning process and you can understand NoS with your conscious mind but it takes a long time to teach your subconscious and your body. That is where real learning is. As Montaigne points out, your body doesn't betray you because you were never in control of it. It just always worked it's way and your conscious mind started to think you controlled it.

Phil.