Vacation success?

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Mia21972

Vacation success?

Post by Mia21972 » Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:21 pm

Hello all! I'm home from my vacation with some successes to report and some opportunities to be successful.

Success #1: I did NOT need the seatbelt extender on the plane on the way there!
Opportunity #1: That seatbelt was a little tight on the way home...

Success #2: I did not gain back all 14 pounds I had lost
Opportunity #2: I have to re-lose 13 of them...

Success #3: I walked everyday on holiday- as I was in San Francisco during the record-breaking heat wave so that's quite a success!
Opportunity #3: I need to dust off my shovelglove...

Success #4: I drank lots and lots of water while away
Opportunity #4: I also drank my weight in wine in Napa, then again in margaritas in Texas...

Success #5: Since returning home, I've already lost 3.4 pounds in just a few days.
Opportunity #5: I'm not going to get too Pollyanna about it, I need to remember that I'm still working in the deficit of my holiday indulgance....

I had a wonderful time on vacation, but it's good to be home! I hope all is well with all of you. :-) Let me know what's new and exciting in your No S worlds! It's not easy to catch up, too many posts to read and not nearly enough time. ~Mia

My avatar is my inspiration~ I want to be able to play with my niece without my belly getting in the way!

ThomsonsPier

Post by ThomsonsPier » Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:43 am

Well done on the aforementioned. As far as success number three goes, think of it as having done a lot of exercise in a sauna. Perhaps.

I'm going on holiday next week, to the Edinburgh Festival. As Scotland is the land of deep fried x, where x is any unhealthy substance you'd care to mention, I expect to gain weight. Fortunately, Upon leaving my current home town, I am able to flick the 'I don't care' switch in my brain and I will most likely be ignoring the diet during my holiday. It will be almost impossible to maintain a regular eating habit during the festival, as a lot of shows are on at odd times of the day. I will probably end up snacking a lot.

Mmm, deep fried pizza.
ThomsonsPier

It's a trick. Get an axe.