Pocast #83: The No S Diet 2024

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

reinhard
Site Admin

Pocast #83: The No S Diet 2024

Post by reinhard » Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:30 pm

Hi long-suffering No-S bulletin boarders, finally an episode squarely of interest to you:

Episode 83: The No S Diet 2024

https://everydaysystems.com/podcast/episode/83/

The No S Diet, from scratch, as if I’d never spoken or written about it before. Draft chapter for the upcoming Everyday Systems Compendium, and hopefully interesting useful in its own right.

Hope you enjoy!

(I'm a little behind on my concomitant monthly tech effort -- will post about that next week. It may take a little bit longer, but the board will live again!)

Reinhard

Soprano

Re: Pocast #83: The No S Diet 2024

Post by Soprano » Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:44 am

Thanks for posting this, a great reminder :D

Jx
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.

NoSDoc

Post by NoSDoc » Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:54 pm

Congratulations - what a great introduction/summary/destillation!

Sorry, Reinhard, but I can't help nagging at you: do you really want to publish the Everyday Systems Companion ONLY as an Ebook? I really think these ideas are worth being printed on real paper - I have the feeling this is much more likely to survive a few centuries thank just bits and bytes. I may be wrong on that or old fashioned, but I think: nothing beats a real book... Just to plant that idea into your mind :lol:

Yours,

Stefan

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:35 pm

Glad you like it, Stefan!

I too prefer print, but I'm not sure how the economics of that work with self-publishing (what I'd been intending to do with the Everyday Systems compendium). I know ebook is easy, and the economics make sense, even if I don't wind up selling many copies.

I'll look into it -- certainly if a publish makes me an offer I will entertain it. :-)

Amy3010

Post by Amy3010 » Fri Mar 08, 2024 7:28 am

Good reminder that it takes time and that imperfection is normal! :mrgreen: And I totally agree - the method described in the original book is still completely relevant today.

I have been here for many years and am by no means a perfect No-S-er, but the impact on my habits over the years has been immense. I have a normal eating pattern that serves as my foundation - and this took years of practice to establish. What I gained from all that practice is that it feels quite natural to have a one-plate meal and be done when the plate is empty.

My method of maintaining my habit is to fill in my Habit Cal every morning for the day before. This serves to remind me of my foundation and the behavior goals I have for myself. And even if I have to fill in red, I mark it and move on, and just do my best each day without beating myself up.

So grateful that you took the time to put it into words and shared it with us!

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:10 pm

Thank you, Amy! I am glad it resonated with you. And that No-s is still working for you after so many years (and the habitcal too!).