Waking up in the middle of the night starving

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

hexagon

Waking up in the middle of the night starving

Post by hexagon » Fri Dec 22, 2006 2:36 am

Has this happened to anybody here? How do you cope? I only heard of one person experiencing this, a friend of a friend who was training for competitive mountain biking (hence burning crazy calories).

This happened to me last night, and I tried water and antiacids but I had to have a little bit of something finally because it just wouldn't go away and I really couldn't sleep. I mean, it wasn't just normal hunger, it was full-on big-time hunger. Yesterday I guess I didn't eat so much and I did get a lot of exercise, so maybe that was it. I don't know.

I'm just going to monitor myself and if it happens again, maybe tweak my dinner portions. I was just curious about what any of you have to say.

joasia

hunger at night

Post by joasia » Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:04 am

I am fine all day. Not really hungry in the morning. But the hunger hits around 6p.m. and stays until I go to bed. I'm thinking of moving my meals up several hours. Maybe that will help.
The destiny of nations depends on the manner in which they feed themselves. Jean-Anthelme Brillat-Savarin

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:58 am

I've never experienced this. If it does happen again, maybe talk to your doctor. It doesn't seem to me like three meals and moderate exercise should leave you that hungry unless something funny is going on.

Hope it was just a fluke,

Reinhard

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:51 pm

This has happened to me- although not in the 6 days I've been nosing.

Usually I would go get a glass of milk and then I'd be good until morning.

I don't think that's considered a failure to have a glass of milk (well I drink soy milk)?

Shamrockmommy