uh oh...

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Tslne

uh oh...

Post by Tslne » Wed Dec 27, 2006 4:20 pm

This is only day 2 and I'm worried that I failed before I started.

I made a smoothie for breakfast (meal replacement shake, 1 cup of assorted no sugar added frozen berries, 1/4 cup dry whole wheat oatmeal, ice) but now that it's finished, I'm worried...is a glass the same as a plate? I didn't eat anything else for breakfast, I was counting that as a meal...but does it violate the one plate rule? How can I tell since I can't put smoothie on a plate? I only had one tall glass... (my blender said 20 oz)

With the meal replacement shake and the calories in ach measured thing added together, it's just under 400 calories which is on track for what I had planned. That sounds more like an excuse than anything...so tell me, does breakfast fail the one plate test?
"Avoid making irrevokable decisions when tired or hungry."

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Wed Dec 27, 2006 4:51 pm

I always make a smoothie for breakfast and it's usually more than 1 glass. I've tried to decrease the finished amount somewhat, but I drink it all. It's really my fruit for the day, so I don't worry about it too much.

And that's the rest of my advice....don't worry about it too much.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:22 pm

Breakfast is fine. See.......you're a success already! :D

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:08 am

Tslne,

Your smoothie is fine. A glass is just a funny shaped plate :-)

Reinhard

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:57 pm

I like that, Reinhard!