But Wait! More questions on SG and coffee

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

FarmerHal

But Wait! More questions on SG and coffee

Post by FarmerHal » Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:18 am

Ok,
I may have screwed up all my N days but I'll fire off my questions to you guys.

Am I supposed to be SG'ing every N day? I haven't been, been concentrating on the eating aspect mostly.

Coffee? Do you drink it throughout hte day? I drink decaf (love the taste) with a bit of creamer in it. I find it really helps to settle my stomach- I typically have it with breakfast and then with dinner at dinner time.

Those are my questions.

Happy New Year to All!!

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:57 am

I don't SG at all; I can't. Long story, not worth going into. I don't consider it a problem. Coffee is okay, watch the creamer.

I consider both the SGing and walking as additions to No-S.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:54 am

I don't SG either, mostly because of a problem with arthritis in my hands. I like to walk and do stretchy-types of exercises. None of that is connected to S or N days.

I love coffee and tea, although I drink them black, and always decaf. A little creamer won't hurt you, and may be beneficial to you if it gets you from one meal to the next without snacking.

You haven't screwed up anything...relax and enjoy! :D

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:22 pm

Great! Thanks guys 8)

hexagon

Post by hexagon » Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:27 am

Hi,

As long as coffee/caffeine doesn't mess up your blood sugar (making you shaky/hungry) I don't think it is a problem.

As for SG, I don't do it as I don't have a sledgehammer (there is no place nearby that I could get to easily that sells sledgehammers--I still don't have a car), and I like the other exercises I do anyway. It all depends on you. I think the main point is just to get some physical activity most days of the week if you can. (You haven't screwed up!)

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:26 am

Yeah, you don't have to shovelglove if you do No-s. The systems are compatible but independent.

I drink at least 2 cups of black coffee a workday, sometimes 3. One with breakfast, one between breakfast and lunch, and sometimes one between lunch and dinner. A leading source of antioxidants!

Reinhard