Holy. Cow.

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

benjishi

Holy. Cow.

Post by benjishi » Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:02 am

I lost 10 pounds on the No S diet and shovel glove.

OVER THE HOLIDAY EATING SEASON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

amazing.

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:11 pm

Hey, that's cool! :D

Sinnie

Post by Sinnie » Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:46 pm

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good for you :D What an accomplishment. Goes to show the power of this system.

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:49 pm

Congratulations! Wow. That's like winning a race with a broken leg.

Reinhard

JustAnnie

Post by JustAnnie » Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:42 pm

WAY TO GO!! Did you do this without feeling very deprived?
Just Annie

You Can't Fail Until You Quit Trying

benjishi

Post by benjishi » Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:02 pm

"WAY TO GO!! Did you do this without feeling very deprived?"

No, not really.. After a while there has kind of been a sea change in the way I feel.

If I eat one plate, I'm full. Am I depriving myself by not eating more food, to the point where I feel sick? Is the pleasure of my tongue better than feeling like I'm going to puke is bad? Or that I can't move?

This has been a benefit of shovelglove and urban ranger. I get alot of pleasure out of moving my body. I am fitter and more comfortable. So if I eat so much I can barely move, I am robbing myself from that pleasure.

My tongue isn't the only way to reward myself, or to feel pleasure.

Really, If I eat too much, I *AM* depriving myself. Of feeling well, of moving around.

My grandmother sent her usual batch of holiday cookies. It was S-Days, I had some. Yum. Non S days, I didn't, and soon enough they were gone by other people. But I didn't covet them, I had other things going on.

They weren't *MY* cookies I had to eat, before someone else stole my pleasure. They were just cookies. They taste good. In moderation. Lots of cookies make you feel bad. Drink water afterwords so the taste isn't left on your mouth, beckoning you to have another.

Snacks? I still lhave the occasional piece of fruit as a snack (because I don't get enough at my meals... cafeteria food for the most part). Usually an orange. The serving size of an orange is limited. The taste is good, but doesn't have that strange qualilty of processed foods where you feell you NEED to have another.

But mostly, I just eat meals that are enough food during the day.

If I don't make the time for a proper meal when I am hungry, aren't I depriving myself of something then? Isn't being deprived of a meal a bigger loss of being deprived of a snack?

And no matter how hungry you feel in an instant, if you HAVE had proper meals, 10 to 20 minutes later, you're not that hungry.

It was just a binge feeling cause you did some exercise and depleted your blood sugar. Your body's first attempt is to have you gnosh some more. But it has more than one trick up it's sleeve, and soon enough it deals with it another way.