I'm new here!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

LentilBean

I'm new here!

Post by LentilBean » Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:46 am

Hi Reinhard. First of all, I don't think I ever laughed so hard as when I went to the shovelglove section! I'm still gigging! Anyhow, this all makes so much sense to me. I've been looking to change things for myself for some time now. I'm a mom to two small kids (almost 4 and 2), have suffered from yo-yo dieting and everything else that comes with it. In all, I have about 40 lbs to lose and I don't care how long it takes to lose it.

So, this is day one. Wish me luck!

Patricia
"Lord, help me to seek the truth, but spare me the company of those who have already found it. Amen."

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:03 pm

Welcome Patricia!! you are going to love it here :D I know I do!

I have been no-s'ing for over a month and I feel better on so many levels-plus I've even lost a little weight! Not much, it is slow, but that's ok. At least I am finally going in the right direction, And this system is sustainable. I know I can keep doing it (and therefore not gain it back!) even after I lose the 50 or 60 lbs I want to lose!

Again, welcome to No-S!
Hilary
_______

"Habit, if not resisted, soon becomes necessity."-St Augustine

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."-Thomas Jefferson

LentilBean

Post by LentilBean » Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:05 pm

Hi Hilary. Thanks for the warm welcome.

In a way, everyone eventually has to end up "here" right? That is, if they want to make a permanent change and not mess with their metabolism too much.

Seriously. I've tried everything. Atkins, Eat to Live, South Beach... You name it. I even tried to do the whole "fat is beautiful" thing for a while, but it's not. At least for me, it's not.

This feels so sane already.

Do you do the daily check in? I may go there now and take a peek.

Have a fine day.

Patricia
"Lord, help me to seek the truth, but spare me the company of those who have already found it. Amen."

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:51 am

Welcome :) I have found the daily checkin to be enormously helpful!

I second everything Jaxhil said as well. If I can do it so can you.

Best wishes and keep on postin!
{FarmerHal} ...previously Shamrockmommy...
Vanilla NoS... Making good habits.
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:21 am

Hi Patricia!

Yes, I check-in daily with my no-s buddy, Tiffani-AKA "shamrockmommy" under "Hilary and Tiffani's Daily Check-in" or something like that. :D

I have to just put in a good word here for her-we decided to keep each other honest, so to speak, and check in with each other daily. And it is GREAT!! It is so much easier (for us anyway!) to keep at it knowing that we are helping each other stay on this program. And I agree, once you've done this, there's just no going back to all those other tortuous diets out there!! I wouldn't last a day on those now! Not that I ever lasted long before, either, mind you 8)

Keep posting, you will find LOTS of support here to help you stay focused! Have a great night!
Hilary
_______

"Habit, if not resisted, soon becomes necessity."-St Augustine

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."-Thomas Jefferson