Any Salt Tooth's??

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

ozarka

Any Salt Tooth's??

Post by ozarka » Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:25 pm

I was wondoring if anyone else has came across this problem. I am not particularly that fond of eating sweets. Every once in a while I do, but I never crave them. I don't even like choclate.

I was wondoring if maybe we could include "salts" on the NO S. My cravings are more for potato chips and crackers and things like that. And trust me, I know that is what causes my weight to stay on. Has anyone else taken these things out along with sweets?

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:24 pm

Yep, that's me. In fact, my first personal Olympic was simply getting rid of the salt. I stopped adding it to foods while cooking and also putting it on top of food at the table. Salt is good, but I really did too much. I don't even do any S-days with it now.

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:10 am

ACK! No chocolate?! LOL.

I crave sweets AND salt-but it gets better with time. I don't crave either nearly as much as I used to!

I would maybe try to reduce portions first, because you're already probably cutting out a significant amount if you're No-Essing. But have what you want on S-days! Thats what they are for. And remember the sometimes part-sometimes that's hard for me (bad pun :lol: )

Good luck!
Hilary
_______

"Habit, if not resisted, soon becomes necessity."-St Augustine

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."-Thomas Jefferson

zoolina

Post by zoolina » Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:11 am

I'm all for tweeking the program to suit your needs. If salty snacks are your problem, just change the letter of the law to say:
No salt
No Snacks
No seconds

You'll be keeping the spirit of the law intact.

ThomsonsPier

Post by ThomsonsPier » Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:26 am

I prefer salty foods (nutty ones), but I don't see them as a problem in this context. If you eat them as part of a meal (fitting them on the plate) then they're not a problem and if you want them outside mealtimes then they're already covered by the no snacking rule.

Having said that, cutting down on salt is generally a good idea.
ThomsonsPier

It's a trick. Get an axe.

MerryKat

Post by MerryKat » Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:44 am

I am was addicted to both sweet and salty and for me No S solves the problem. I am not allowed sweets or snack during the week and if I really want nuts, crisps, pretzels I can have a handful as part of a meal - pleasure without the pain and gain.
Hugs from Sunny South Africa
Vanilla No S with no Sugar due to Health issues - 11 yrs No S - September 2016 (some good, some bad (my own doing) but always the right thing for me!)

Too solid flesh

Any salt tooths?

Post by Too solid flesh » Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:47 pm

I have salty snack things as part of a meal occasionally, and have found that for me doing so stops them from being a desirable forbidden food.

I don't want to eat as much of such food as I used to. A little bit is enough. I usually put a helping in a small bowl or ramekin, which cuts down on the amount I eat.

My tastes have gradually changed and become healthier as a result of No S-ing, which is a great bonus.

You will find by trial and error what works for you. Good luck!