Hello everybody

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

castevets

Hello everybody

Post by castevets » Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:01 pm

I've known about NoS for quite some time but finally I've decided to put it into practice. My highest weight was 454 lbs. In 2005, with a little will power and lots of psychotropic medications, I went down to 255 lbs. from 429. Currently I'm at 325 lbs. and I'm hoping that NoS is going to help me stop the backsliding.

I'm currently on day 4, and since today is Monday, 2 of those 4 days were S days, so that made the last 4 days a bit easier. I have binge eating disorder, and what I'm particularly happy about is that I only binged once during the 4 days I've been on the diet. Also, I find that I'm not obsessing about food as much. Whenever I have a craving, I just remind myself that I can satisfy it in a matter of days. Keeping that in mind seems to help quite a bit.

Anyway, the first full week of NoSing is in front of me...wish me luck!!!

Best wishes to all on this board and thanks Reinhard for this site and for your wonderful ideas!!!

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:39 pm

Welcome to No-S. You don't need luck -- only enthusiasm, patience, and persistence -- so I will wish you SUCCESS instead!

ClickBeetle

Post by ClickBeetle » Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:59 pm

Congratulations on your first 4 successful days. Aren't weekends grand? Here's to your coming success at No-S ... and welcome to a very nice club, if I do say so. :)
Chance favors the prepared. - Louis Pasteur

mondurvic

Post by mondurvic » Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:14 pm

Hi, Castevets, and welcome!

I started on Thursday, so I, too, had the greater ease of two S-days early on. So far so good today.

Please post a lot. It helps all of us to be connected. And take a look at the HabitCal, which I am enjoying. Also the Daily Check-in, of course. Heck, throw yourself in the water all the way!

Judy

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:03 pm

Welcome, castevets!

The "mental" part of No-s is almost the best part (no obsessing). And I think you'll be much less tempted to binge both because you know you have that safety valve of S-days to look forward to and because there isn't really any "deprivation" during the week -- three full meals a day is plenty. Binging is a reaction to deprivation, and without deprivation, there isn't anything to react against.

Do brace yourself that, as with any habit, it's likely to take time to get this down. It's best to mentally budget for a few slip ups in the beginning.

Reinhard