cancel account?

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

want2bhealthy

cancel account?

Post by want2bhealthy » Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:31 pm

how do i unregister or cancel account?
man, i have tried EVERYTHING else, this has to be my last stop.
starting fresh july 1-09
wt 207

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:48 pm

Hi there!!!
Hey you don't have to cancel your account..
I took a long time away from here and came back..
Whatever you are going through now, it will pass..
Why not leave your account here and see how you feel in a few months..
Hope you are okay WTBH!
(I think you are Gina?? Right or wrong???)

ps.. I had a failure every single week my first year of NoS and still lost 17 lbs by the end of it... Sometimes more than one failure.
Try to stay positive and keep on plugging!

Even Einstein said "I failed my way to success"...
Don't be disheartened if it's hard to do..
I'm not trying to sound rude or anything but it is my feeling that
nothing we do in our lives thats really worthwhile is easy.

Love,
8) Debstar
(aka gratefuldeb)
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

want2bhealthy

Post by want2bhealthy » Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:00 pm

hi greatful, no, not gina, i am debi. thanks so much for your kind words. this is the easiest set of rules for a plan i ever found. i am just so digusted with myself that i cant follow it. i know i will surely fail if i quit. so you gave me something to think about. thanks for your support, i know i am such a hard person to know what to say to.
starting fresh july 1-09
wt 207

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:09 pm

Debi!
Gee I love that name! LOL..
Look, self love is a looooooong hard road!
I speaks from experience..
I got a personal Doctorate in this subject..
Keep trying..
Even if you fail three times a week, it's better than 7 days a week..
Just don't stop trying..
Maybe reevaluate what percentage of failures you will "allow" yourself to be within realistic expectations in order not to quit..
Have you tried the HabitCal?
I personally am enjoying it and it's helping quite a bit for me.
Chalk whatever happened up to just a bad week or whatever and turn over a new leaf next Monday :wink:
Go enjoy your weekend now.
Love,
Debs

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:11 pm

ps.. 202-207lbs down to 190 in a few months is a great feat! If you did it then, you can do it again.
Might go slow tho, so prepare yourself for a sloooow change..
Stick with it girl!
Peace,
8) Debs x

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:14 pm

Well, you may not be doing this perfectly, but you're doing something right. I just did some math. You've been doing this for about 12 weeks and as of three weeks ago you'd lost 12-17 pounds. While that may not be the results you'd see with some crash diet, it's a good, healthy rate of weight loss. Keep at it and by next April you'll have lost at least 52 pounds!
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

want2bhealthy

Post by want2bhealthy » Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:55 pm

thanks guys, hey debs, lol. no i havent tried the habi thingy. oh my wt at the highest was 202 the 07 is the yr. but that is a great observation, i always look at my failures intsead of the progress i have made. you guys have given me hope and showing me that by quitting i will never reach goal. gonna go post in my daily check in. thanks for talking me off the ledge again. i will have so many people to thank WHEN i reach goal.
starting fresh july 1-09
wt 207

kccc

Post by kccc » Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:14 pm

I'm so glad Debs got to you in time!

You HAVE made great progress. It sounds as if (like a lot of us), you need to be a little kinder to yourself and notice your accomplishments.

A friend of mine, who is also hard on herself, told me recently that she was recounting to her therapist how she has a great circle of support. Her therapist responded with "It sounds like you really have a wonderful circle of support. Wouldn't it be great if you were part of that circle?" My friend said "Zing! But she was so right."

So be part of your own cheering section. Tell yourself every day what you did RIGHT that day - no matter how small. Find non-food treats for yourself, and try to fit one-a-day in (like vitamins for your spirit, lol!).

And hang in there. Over time, intention sets direction.

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:33 pm

want2bhealthy,

I am so sorry you were feeling frustrated and down, but it seems like you've made great progress. Even if you hadn't lost any weight at this point I would have seen that as progress -- but you have.

You might want to do as Deb suggests and give the habitcal a try. I think thinking "pictorially," a month or more at a time, with all your successes jumping out at you to counterbalance any failures, will give you both a more realistic and a more encouraging sense of your progress than a simple count (which just one failure can jarringly interrupt).

I'm going to spend some quality time reading your check-in and see if I can give some more personalized advice... more there soon.

Reinhard

P.S. thanks all who responded for jumping here and in other discussions. Looks like it was a rough weekend for folks.